Anyone able to put a name to this stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Not sure of the name, but I have a couple of these. (I'll check the lid of mine tomorrow which has the name on it) They were quite common, sold as a picnic stove by places like Woolworths. Do you have the lid for the windshield? I notice you have the snuffer for the burner. I'm not sure I ever managed to get quite the results you did, but thy are quite efficient, and produce a very stable base for pans/kettles. A rather nice piece of kit, and are lightweight as well (good for backpacking, less good for durability)!

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
I have two complete stoves and they are both complete lids snuffers the lot and yes they are stable I love the way the flames come through the holes at the top and it heats the whole pot/kettle bottom!!!

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
No picture?

Just click on the link?

http://m.flickr.com/photos/52765096@N06/9466681899/lightbox/

And you'll see this...:rolleyes: :lmao:
9466681899_2bd1b0d063_m.jpg

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Just click on the link?

And you'll see this...:rolleyes: :lmao:

Browsers aren't all the same, and browser settings differ too. Then there are personal preferences for individual Websites to take account of. In fact what with screen sizes, font choices, browser settings and even things like 'skins', one person will not often see exactly the same thing as another on his screen so it's unwise to assume that what you see is what everyone else will see.

When I click on your link I just see a load more links, in large blue letters on a black background. No images.

That's because my browser has more secure settings than the default for most browsers.

For obvious reasons I have no intention of changing the settings so I won't be viewing images posted on the likes of Flickr.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Firefox don't like Flickr, loaded fine on Torch

The Picnic Stove, Handy Stove, went by different names I've got a couple and one still has the price on it of 10/- ... 50p in new money.

2.5 litres in 6 minutes seems a tad optimistic. A nice little boiler, goes well with a Rover car, tartan rug and a sandwich picnic :) Keep them clean as the tin plate construction tends to rust easily.

stoviecraig

Oct 11, 2011
scotland
Nice to see it in action, this was my first stove bought when I was a kid on a Lake District holiday in the early 80's. Also got a small mess set for sum total of a fiver and still have them both today as part of the 'collection'.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My Chrome browser is quite heavily locked down like ged's and I do not see the image, however If I edit out the /lightbox/ from the above URL I can see it, although the site is trying to do lots of stuff and gather info and its attempts are being blocked.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/52765096@N06/9466681899/

Alternatively just post an image link to the actual image rather than the flickr website...

A nice looking wee stove. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE