Anybody NOT celebrating xmas by heading out?

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Much as I would love to - I will be feeding around 80 covers from a galley kitchen (that means I can touch all four walls without moving) on the big day (that said I make enough to take a few days out afterwards).
But it is a big rush!
N

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Last time I took the dog out on Xmas day I got this shot which has done well for me.

tandlehill-mist.jpg

You can bet I'll be out again this year.
4905.gif

Wayland,

Your photographs are always beautiful and capture the atmosphere of the scene with the perspective of one whom truly appreciates nature.

I really look forward to seeing your next images.

AND you've got the best smilies!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
hmmm i'm also not fond of christmas - apart from not believing in it,.....

What's not to believe?

A hirsute fellow of stout proportions, boards a sleigh, powered by reindeer, to deliver worldwide, within 24 hours, presents, all of which are handcrafted by elves.

Seems perfectly credible to me! (o:

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
I'm working nights - sorting out the lives of those too ignorant or stupid to do it for themselves. Most of the Christmases I spend are in a stranger's council house, surrounded by drunk ingoramuses who have taken a drink fueled dislike to someone or something. Still, Double Time!

Happy Winterval one and all........

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
oh come on, christmas isn't really a religiosu festival in thsi country- what it is is an oppurtunity to spend time with family and friends, look back on the last year and look forward to the new one.

ok so you're not christian, but we do live in a christian country and as such many of our customs are derived from christian ones. it's not a bad thing, it's just the way it is.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
the last couple of years I've taken my shotgun for a walk.

I enjoy christmas, get up, open a few presents, thank everybody eat lots, drink a bit and try to find room for the christmas dinner and pudding but then it all goes a bit downhill;

sit in an armchair stuffing yourself silly with alsorts of rubbish, talk rubbish, drink a bit more than intended etc, no thanks - I'll be finding something else to do, even if it is dropping the farmer's pigeons and rabbits, or possibly a relaxed afternoon by a fire in the woods.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
I will get up this morning and saddle my horse stick a carbine in
the saddle holster and go for a long ride in the woods. This
is my cathedral

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
This is the first year in many that either my wife or I are not on duty on the wards sometime Christmas day, its my grandsons first Christmas and we are having a wonderful time.

Turkey is cooking nicely ETA 15.00, the wine has started to flow, I've done all the family/friends phone calls and have just had a vid con my nephew in New Zealand; life is good.

Go out on Christmas day? Never have, never will, its a day for you to share with your loved ones

With that I'll say have a great day all of you, I'm off to check the stock pot for the gravy :)

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I am celebrating Christmas and I will be going out - but not until tomorrow. Walk off some turkey then come back to eat some more. Magic!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I'm always out at xmas, have been since i was 17 or so. Its the best day of the year to be out because no one else is .It's just so quiet.

Truth be told, i don't celebrate it. I'm not a christian, i've never been christened, i don't go to the church that holds xmas as one of its festivals. So what right do i have to celebrate it?. If i was going to then i might as well celebrate Ede and Divaali too. But i'd be fake for doing so, only taking the best parts while leaving the rest. No thanks.

I celebrate the fact that Gaia gets a rest from us for a day, well in the most part. I spend the day with her and our native birds and trees and other animals and be at peace with it all without fear of being interupted.

Christianity is all about taking out the best bits and leaving the rest. Otherwise they'd all be enslaving their foreign neighbors and stoning their daughters to death for promiscuity outside of marrage, and not eating prawns and rabbits because they would be going to hell and all going to church on sunday and.....

If its got food , drink and presents Im going to celebrate it! But if you want to go for a walk thats great to. after all its only a short life and you have to live it the best way you see fit, just don't concern yourself with how other people tell you you should be living/celebrating/believing in/adhering to.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE