anybody know anything about this?? (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey all,

I'v recently found this knife in the house, i believe it came from an old army surplus shop that used to be near us but i'm not too sure. The handle is plastic and in the pouch there was a very small emergancy snare and fishing kit. I havn't measured the blade but at a guess its about 5-6 inches.

100_0714.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0718.jpg

100_0716.jpg

Curiosity has gotten the better of me and i'm dieing to know what it is. The blade needs a bit of tlc.

thanks for looking any info at all will be helpful.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The blade looks much (VERY MUCH) like the old USAF pilot's survival knife. But that had a leather washer handle. and an ambidextrous leather sheath.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
The blade looks much (VERY MUCH) like the old USAF pilot's survival knife. But that had a leather washer handle. and an ambidextrous leather sheath.

I used to have a US pilot survival knife (as you describe) and it's not that similar. I don't have mine anymore, but I think Robbi has one - there's a pic floating around somewhere of it.

Dom.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I used to have a US pilot survival knife (as you describe) and it's not that similar. I don't have mine anymore, but I think Robbi has one - there's a pic floating around somewhere of it.

Dom.

Just the blade. It looks very much like the one I was issued (still have it actually)

Here's the old style I was issued: www.knivesplus.com/QN-499-Ontario.HTML

Here's the next generation knife that replaced it as an issue item: www.knivesplus.com/ontario-asek-knife-qn-asek.html

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yep. That's it Robbi. You've done a great rework/mod on the sheath. Is that one a Camillus or an Ontario?

dixienormns

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2011
meadowview Va. usa
hog's is an jet pilot survival knife made by ontario company the 7-08 is the date it was made their are a couple on ripe off ebay for around $60.00 hope info was helpful

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
The OP's knife is in my 1993 Whitby Catalogue. I don't have a price but it is described as:

SK2222 7 1/2" Whitby Special Forces Knife. Olive drab handle and cammo pouch, black blade.

There were two other versions of this knife, one with a stainless blade and black pouch and another with
a sheath (not shown) with wire cutter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE