Anybody got a Karrimor SF Predator 80-130 and can make a review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

denmyos

Jun 5, 2013
dk
I'm looking for a review on the karrimor predator 80-130L.
I can't make my mind up either to get the tasmanian tiger range pack or the karrimor predator 80-130.
I can find a review on the Tasmanian, but nothing on the Karrimor.

So i'm looking for pro's and cons about them.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
You might find these useful:

[video=youtube;TUilqPTYnLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUilqPTYnLE[/video]

There is rain in the background but a lot of the pack is covered.

denmyos

Jun 5, 2013
dk
Where did you get this?!
I have been searching YouTube and Google for weeks now. With out any results.!?

Thanks a lot:)

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Where did you get this?!
I have been searching YouTube and Google for weeks now. With out any results.!?

Thanks a lot:)

YouTube, just put in "karrimor sf predator 80-130" and it's the third result down. It was only uploaded a week ago mind you so that could be why you couldn't find it.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I had a 80-130 Karrimor i didnt get on with it at all, i ended up giving it to my brother, i found the straps and belt not great fitting, and over padded(sounds daft) but due to this i didnt feel they sat right on me, didnt either rate the quality for the price the straps were not the greatest quality webbing(for instance the issue plce stuff is much more robust)the actual webbing used on the waist pad is in two parts joined together by a strip of plastic sheeting, to me there are definately better large packs out there, but this is just my personnel opinion.

just watched that review, mine was a older design in that it didnt have all the molle loops on the front of it.

Last edited:

denmyos

Jun 5, 2013
dk
I have been putting that in the search bar.
But yes, it was uploaded this week, so maybe i miss it, last time i search.

denmyos

Jun 5, 2013
dk
I had a 80-130 Karrimor i didnt get on with it at all, i ended up giving it to my brother, i found the straps and belt not great fitting, and over padded(sounds daft) but due to this i didnt feel they sat right on me, didnt either rate the quality for the price the straps were not the greatest quality webbing(for instance the issue plce stuff is much more robust)the actual webbing used on the waist pad is in two parts joined together by a strip of plastic sheeting, to me there are definately better large packs out there, but this is just my personnel opinion.

just watched that review, mine was a older design in that it didnt have all the molle loops on the front of it.

Right now i have a Lowe alpine salient, which i have since 1992, it still looks brand new (some of the buckles have broken off).
But I need a bigger bag, one between 80 to 100L
Since i have been in the army for 17 years i have a hard time buying something else that is not a army like backpack.

I'm open for ideas, but i'm looking for:

big bag 80L and up
Olive green
cordura 750 and up
I would like to have a floating lid.
Good compression
Small side pockets (I dont like big side pocket, i rather have small side pockets, and some more of them instead.)
(more to come :))

I would really like to have the Lowe alpine Saracen, but its been discontinued, and is hard to get, even second hand.

Last edited:
Hi Denmyos,

For some added interest, take a look www.thebiglift.co.uk. Its not a review but you may find it interesting

Ben is carrying 100kg on his back (as if carrying an injured soldier from the battlefield) and walking 440 miles, one mile in honour of each of those killed in Afghanistan to raise support for their families.

Ben approached Karrimor SF looking for a suitable rucksack to carry the 100kg for the duration of the walk and we were pleased to donate one of our bags (Sabre 80-130) to Ben for this amazing challenge.

www.youtube.com/user/TheBigLift2013

You can follow Ben on Facebook/thebiglift

Good luck with your decision.

Karrimor SF Team

I'm looking for a review on the karrimor predator 80-130L.
I can't make my mind up either to get the tasmanian tiger range pack or the karrimor predator 80-130.
I can find a review on the Tasmanian, but nothing on the Karrimor.

So i'm looking for pro's and cons about them.

denmyos

Jun 5, 2013
dk
Hi Denmyos,

For some added interest, take a look www.thebiglift.co.uk. Its not a review but you may find it interesting

Ben is carrying 100kg on his back (as if carrying an injured soldier from the battlefield) and walking 440 miles, one mile in honour of each of those killed in Afghanistan to raise support for their families.

Ben approached Karrimor SF looking for a suitable rucksack to carry the 100kg for the duration of the walk and we were pleased to donate one of our bags (Sabre 80-130) to Ben for this amazing challenge.

www.youtube.com/user/TheBigLift2013

You can follow Ben on Facebook/thebiglift

Good luck with your decision.

Karrimor SF Team

Thank you.
But it seems that the predato 80-130 is not a bergan that is often review.
I only found that review that Lister posted earlier.

I wonder why its not review more.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Thank you.
But it seems that the predato 80-130 is not a bergan that is often review.
I only found that review that Lister posted earlier.

I wonder why its not review more.

Am sure if you contacted PRI UK, they could hook you up with some reviews, satisfied customers and so forth, alternatively; ask on ARRSE (arrse.co.uk) [beware, it is a forces forum so the language/humour will be forces orientated].

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have this pack. It is huge and bomb-proof. Unfortunately it has two drawbacks:
1) it is very heavy, even empty. Ok for 20 year-old soldiers but not for old crocks.
2) it doesn't seem to fit very well, however you adjust it.
As a result I just use it for lugging large loads short distances

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE