anybody got a frontier stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
just lookign for reviews and opinions on the frontier stove. thinking of pressing "buy now" any reason why i shouldnt? cheers in advance

udamiano

On a new journey
yep, got a few, good piece of kit, you may need to order a few extra bits for the chimney, especially if you've got a large bell tent, but mine get used quite a lot atm. pack up quite neat I got a large duffle bags from Go outdoors and they fit nicely in one of those.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
yep....i've got one for my Bell Tent, really pleased with it. After looking at several options it was certainly the best value for money, packs up great as well!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hold fire on the buy it now option, I'm over at Ebay.uk right now and ran a search looking for one, since I wasn't familier with what you were describing, and I found this sweety only cheaper.

Item number 150752538021

Or to it directly HERE

If you don't win it at least you have the option of the "buy it now" later in the week.

Sweet little stove that

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I bought one last week direct from camping solution website. Arrived in less than 24hrs. Well impressed with it, kept me nice and toasty when I was out wood turning in the cold last week. Plan on using it in my 4m bell tent, just got the flashing. Not used it for cooking on yet.....
52274b55-22fe-95aa.jpg
52274b55-2312-5c8b.jpg
52274b55-231e-6a69.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
I've got one.Lives in the shed with an extended chimney piece via a silicon gasket.Absolutely love it.Great to cook on.

my black beauty arrived safe and sound within a few days from UK to my Bavarian home near Munich. Our canoe group made the annual wintercamp around the weekend of 4. Feb 12, so we pitched our tipis in the snow near a friendly farm house at around minus 10 degrees centigrade(14 °F). I installed my new Frontier Stove using a 1 meter piece of standard flue tube, mantled by a 87 mm raintube where it touched the hood of the tipi. It worked fine. My friends have smaller vertically burning ovens made of 0,6 mm stainless steel; they burn much faster, need short cut wood and produce extremely low amounts of ash. And they must continually be fed with wood like the beduins do with their camp fires. The FS however, after the "ignition phase" can be loaded with long wood pieces up to an arm's thickness and then you can read a book for at least half an hour. The difference to the vertical tube ovens of my friends is that the amount of ashes after burning is slightly higher, but that is due to the higher throughput of oxygen in the small ovens.
I had brought with me a 28 cm pot filled with precooked goulash(3 kg of meat, 1,5 kg onions,4 packs of fresh paprika) for feeding 13 hungry guys and left it in the car overnight: that night temperature fell to minus 22,9 ° centigrade, (-9,4 °F) and the goulash became rockhard frozen: no problem for my frontier stove which transformed the frozen block to a bubbling goulash within 40 minutes; simply perfect!
So thanks to the guys who designed the frontier Stove and thanks to the good quality production in PRC.
OK: its heavier than stainless steel hobo stoves, but the cost is around half. and its multiuse also for cooking in a garden party, heating at an autumn party under the car port, open the lid and enjoy the view of the flames without getting smoked due to the flue exhaust tubes, and, and, and.
with my very best wishes for all outdoor fans

Bigwhale45/ Jo

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've got one.Lives in the shed with an extended chimney piece via a silicon gasket.Absolutely love it.Great to cook on.

thinking of doing the same - have you treated the shed at all? Are there any stipulation re doing this in your garden shed

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
thinking of doing the same - have you treated the shed at all? Are there any stipulation re doing this in your garden shed
make sure you habe a hole for the flue to go, so fumes escape. thats it, a favourite musician if mine has a log stove in his tour bus!

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
I bought the gasket for the flue to exit the shed.Used a large holecutter for the shed roof and have an extra section of flue going through via the gasket.With the extra flue section I can remove the stove for travelling,leaving one bit of flue still sticking out of the shed.
I've had the stove red hot for more than 12 hours without any worries for the shed roof. (I did check very carefully regarding the hot flue).
As always though.Good ventilation and a CO2 detector.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Do any tools come with the stove... like an iron for lifting the top off, ash rake etc?

No tools. The only add-on is a small piece of metal which fits on the front under the door to stop stray embers from falling to the floor.

I've had mine almost a year now and am very happy with it. A good all-rounder - solid, yet light enough to carry about and plenty of cooking space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE