Any WBBB owners in North Wales?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
Are there any WBBB owners in North Wales? I'd really like to see one in the flesh and try it out for a few minutes before buying one. I'm pretty sure I'll love it, but am a little worried about the calf squeeze issue that affects some people.

Thanks

Mark

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll be heading down to my brother's in Bristol some time in August if that's any good to you, I can bring mine down and you can have a look.

I've found the calf squeeze/ridge comes from having the ridgeline too tight, a slightly looser hang eliminates for me.

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
Shewie - Thanks, let me know once you've decided on a date for your trip and your likely route; I'll see if I can meet you on your way down.

Totumpole - a WBBB is a Warbonnet Black Bird Hammock. If you ever get into hammocking, you'll want one!!

Mat - Thanks for the info, I'd heard that Brandon had shortened the RL from 100" to 98" and that a tighter RL seemed to sort the problem out for most people. Funny though that Shewie has found a slacker RL to be better. Everyone is different I suppose, thats why I'd like to give it a quick try.

I've heard the calf ridge is there on a lot of hammocks, not just the WB. My DD has a tight ridge down the middle which could put pressure on my calf if I hung my feet on the slacker fabric. Perhaps the footbox on the WBBB just makes this a bit more obvious.

Thanks

Mark

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I was getting the ridge problems at first I was putting it down to having that extra room for the footbox, with a conventional hammock you'd be spreading that section of fabric apart with your legs and feet. A couple of test hangs on a trip last year and I messed about with different taughtness (new word) and found a looser ridge worked for me.

I'll give you shout when I get a date in mind, our route is usually M42 down to Birmingham, M5, M32 and A4 to Compton Dando

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE