Any one in the Dorset area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
That's OK Mace, lots of people are suprised (and prolly disapointed) that I'm not a grizzled old man built like a brick s**t house :rolleyes: I'm giving a beard a go if that helps at all? :lmao:

As FGYT says, the Woodfair was a nice woodcraft related show. I only go to PROPER craft shows if I can help it. By proper I mean not the doily-craft fairs with lots of cards and naff bits of bought in spoons dressed in lace and burnt with flower pictures :yuck: There are a growing number of Woodfairs now. I normally go to the South West Forest main event at Rodeford Lake (was at taunton this year though) and the Stock Gaylard Oak fair near Sherborn. Both are bigger than the Cranborne Chase one (this was it's first) but no less fun, infact they organisers got most of us from teh demonstrators list from the SW Woodfair ;)

I didn't sell the scrolly necklace thing, nor much else really :( I did a fair bit of sharpening over the weekend though. Amazing how many people bought refurbished axes and things (with "Warning:SHARP!!" labels) and then came over to me to have them sharpened :D

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
Did you sell that nice little pretty knife though? I had to keep my hands very securely away from my wallet when I saw that one.

A good morning out, only ruined by my nearly-5-year-old daughter deciding to cut off her sister's hair and the ensuing panic-distress phone call from the wife summoning me home to help sort out the after shocks.

Might be able to make a bimble next w.e., but I've not been told which day I'm free to live yet - somebody name a place, a day and a time and I'll open negotiations ;-)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Sunday is probably better for me . Got a kids birthday party to attend on the saturday night !!! :eek:
Oh , and if your scared of big dogs , do let me know and i wont bring the bacon hunter !
Pumbaa

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
This is all looking pretty good: I'm moving to Dorset at the end of April and it seems there is quite a scene there. I'll be somewhere near Blandford/Poole/Salisbury - not sure yet.

Looking forward to meeting a few BCUKers - geocaching sounds good Pumbaa - I've never done it before, and I must talk to FYGT about diving at Portland too.

Can't wait!

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
This is all looking pretty good: I'm moving to Dorset at the end of April and it seems there is quite a scene there.

You will be seeing England at her best - this place can be stunningly beautiful in the right light. I love living in the middle of so much history up here on the border too - can't move for some archaeological site or another.

It just seems to be a bit difficult getting any of us (or the Wiltshire mob, apparently) off our sit-upons to actually get any meetups going. In my case it's generally because the wife and kids seem to want me around at weekends for some reason - could be 'cos the day job is taking me away quite a bit at the mo.

My winter project (ash [nearly] flat-bow) is just about complete in the garage though; the sun is shining (let's not talk about the coming weekend); the leaves are appearing and I'm still failing to get a good photo of the deer that live in the coppice 200m from where I'm typing now: so who knows.

What I want now is somebody to teach me how to knap a flint arrow-head. That would get me out. Any takers?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Ha! I'm here at last! Beautiful area.

Based in Lytchett Matravers (about 4-5 miles from Poole).

Have heard there's some good outdoor fairs (and 'fayres' for ye olde ones amongst us). What are the best outdoors/bushcraft events within the area then? I throught there was something bushmooty happening in South Wilts on an annual basis?

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
prolly thinkin of the Wilderness Gathering in august, it's in East (?) knoyle. Lots of trae stands, demos, short classes and drinking :D I've been tehre (in a professional position) for teh last couple of years.

I've just done my first bushcraft course and loved it. The only weekend rain for ages of course. Based in Bournemouth would like to meet up whenever possible. Is there a regular meet or something in the area. Can make the Wilderness Gathering one day as well.

Ha! I'm here at last! Beautiful area.

Based in Lytchett Matravers (about 4-5 miles from Poole).

Have heard there's some good outdoor fairs (and 'fayres' for ye olde ones amongst us). What are the best outdoors/bushcraft events within the area then? I throught there was something bushmooty happening in South Wilts on an annual basis?

G day Im in L Matravers Weekly on tuesday as i have an allotment there with a mate in the village (who dives ;) and fishes) diving was great of swanage on monday under the pier and out on the Kayara (30m wreck) Spidercrab for tea :D

ATB

Duncan

Desert cammos perhaps very chic.

nope i was definaly in a Pink Camo Top

FGYTm16.jpg

Rambo type manly pick used to try and counter the Pink :eek: :lmao:

was desert (92 gulf) issue but the purple Dye i used has faded the wrong way :D

ATB

Duncan

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Hi ,
Anybody going to the outdoor lifestyle fair ? Its on the 4th -6th July . Appologies for the short notice , but ive only just found out about it . Going to drag the kids and the new girlfriend over for the day on saturday .
Link

If anyone fancys meeting up and finding the beer tent (hence dragging the girlfriend along LOL) , just shout .
Take care
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE