Any Ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey Guys,

This weekend our District Explorer scouts are having their annual "Cold camp" which is basically a bushcraft weekend where we will be building & sleeping in shelters, cooking over fires etc and it it will be some of the explorers first experience of this kind.
how it is going to work is we are meeting at a location near to the camp and walking in and along the way there will be team challanges for them to complete.

Ive been asked to run a challange on route and was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

It doesnt have to be bushcrafty just any kind of team challange (not involveing sharps)

any ideas would be great.
:headbang:
cheers,
Matt

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Build a stretcher from the things the scouts have around (clothing, sticks, string etc) and carry a nominated person (the heaviest?) to the next challenge.

Bindfold half the troop and have the rest guide them to the next challenge.

jtbutcher

Jan 18, 2011
Warwickshire, UK
Bindfold half the troop and have the rest guide them to the next challenge.

I would take this a step further.

Find an are with a 50 m distance and have them all walk it normally out to the 50 metres and back again and count every time their left foot goes down.

Once they know how far 50m and 100m is in footsteps, blind fold the teams and either bind them together or have them hold on to each others belts, and instruct the teams on a route that they must follow i.e. forward 100 m, turn right 90 degree, forward 50m etc etc.

Have all the teams take different routes but finish at the same point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE