Any ideas on secureing knife better within the sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 20, 2010
Merseyside
Just bought a wright and son knife and i was hopeing someone could give me some advise on how to make my knife a little more secure within its sheath.:confused:

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
is it a leather sheath ?

if so, you can stick a slim piece of leather around the inside of the neck of the sheath, this will tighten it up on the knife handle.

use the super glue gel, works really well.

HTH

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I made a small monkeys fist on the end of a small 'lanyard'. I swoop that down and under the fire lighting steel.

sheaths.jpg

But it's hard to help if we don't know what type of sheath you have...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If it is the A Wright Bushcrafter the sheath is a basic friction fit item with a spark stick tube so Huffhuffs idea should work well!
If you like lanyards...
I have not tried it but if it is Veg tan then you could try soaking the leather and Wet Forming it ... but I rather think the leather is NOT veg tan
I have just been reviewing this knife but had to send it back to the supplier and I found the sheath quite secure on mine so never tried remodeling the fit...

Jul 20, 2010
Merseyside
cheers as you will now i tend to use the forum every couple of months. thanks for the replys. iv since spoke to southey and hes advised me to stitch the sheath to bring the opening close togeather. again cheers chaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE