Any gas reg Engineers on here able to help?

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Afternoon all,

I'm on the scrounge for knowledge.

I have a Worcester Bosch 24i rsf that working intermittently, struggling to get an engineer to visit, so when I finally do I'd like to know they've checked everything it could be.
I'm not going to bore everyone writing an essay about the problem, but if there is someone here with the knowledge could they please drop me a PM?

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help! :)

If this isn't allowed Mods then please remove!

Regards

Turnip

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I am not a plumber, let alone gas safe registered.

However, I've repaired boilers several times and installed my own system.

It is well worth working systematically through the fault finding flowchart yourself. This doesn't require special knowledge.

The manual is available here:
https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/document/download/release/8716145028/12831

That is for installation, so for a boiler that has been fitted for a while you need to check some other things. You say 'working intermittently'. Does this mean that the boiler itself is not firing or that it isn't heating?

If it isn't firing, is it starting to fire then cutting out, or does it fire and run briefly then stop? If it is the second, that may well be because the water isn't circulating - feel the pipes when if fires and see if you can tell if the water is starting to circulate. Try to work out what type of circulation system you have. Check the circulation pump is running - it may have an airlock - these can be bled by the central screw. Check the water pressure in the system.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Have you contacted Worcester Bosch direct, they have a great team and will do fixed price call out and repairs. I am gas registered but don't do boilers except installation, we had a service and maintenance team for doing follow up work.

There is a lot to a modern boiler with "inter-lock" equipment to ensure safe working. Water pressure, expansion vessel pressure, fan control switches, pressure switches and so much more to be checked to give it a clean bill of health, at least if you call Worcester they should have a fully equiped van for your type of boilers spares...

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Have you contacted Worcester Bosch direct, they have a great team and will do fixed price call out and repairs. I am gas registered but don't do boilers except installation, we had a service and maintenance team for doing follow up work.

There is a lot to a modern boiler with "inter-lock" equipment to ensure safe working. Water pressure, expansion vessel pressure, fan control switches, pressure switches and so much more to be checked to give it a clean bill of health, at least if you call Worcester they should have a fully equiped van for your type of boilers spares...

Hi wingstoo,

No I haven't contacted WB direct, cash is a bit tight at the moment so thought they'd be expensive. but I might just have to bite the bullet.

I've done all the searches on the internet and I'm thinking its the PCB or a blockage but like you say, everything is linked so its very hard to narrow down the fault.

Basically, it started with intermittent hot water, turn off and on again on the panel sorted for anything from a few hours to a few days. Now the boiler lights stays lit for maybe 20 mins then goes out, fan and pump running just no flame, turn off and leave for a couple of minutes, turn on and it fires up again. it can be fine for days or play up several times a day. hmmm :confused:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE