Any Artists?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I thought about this a while ago and thought it would be great to have a bushcraft version of this :D

So, anyone that fancies having a go please turn this into something more appropriate to us in how it looks but we need the words, this will be a great one to drop into threads now and then :D

Cheers goodjob
attachment.php

Attachments

• _87769061_33fd250e-5b35-4802-b575-be352ef87edb.jpg
    _87769061_33fd250e-5b35-4802-b575-be352ef87edb.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Our own version would be nice.

This one occasionally comes to mind...

10yvf8m.gif

Oh dear, that one should come with a keyboard cover, just about spat my Bars Cream Soda all over it. Frightening but true.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Bill removed, didn't realise Bill was offensive, first time i'd met Bill, guess message is don't be like Bill

Attachments

• Bill knows best .1.jpg
    Bill knows best .1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Bill removed, didn't realise Bill was offensive, first time i'd met Bill, guess message is don't be like Bill

Attachments

• Be like bill.1.jpg
    Be like bill.1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Please don't turn his into Facebook.

I'm on Facebook, and I enjoy it, but the Facebook experience is not what I want from BCUK

You do know that humourous skits on those who use the internet started long before Facebook?

Winds me up that people think the this sort of thing started with Facebook... in fact that it started with the internet... it started with BBSes long before the internet graced our shores.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I don't think it started on Facebook. I think it is very prevalent on facebook. However, I'm just one voice. if others like it, then BCUK should go with the majority. I have no axe to grind (though mine could probably use a sharpen :) )

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Despise Facebook... it really has distorted how people use the internet... people spend all day updating themselves on there, telling everyone else what they had for breakfast, how they're feeling, what they want to buy....

...only one thing worse than Facebook.... and that is Twitter. Mindless garbage, the lot of it.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I haven't been on Facebook in nearly a decade so i have no comparison to judge by to not be like

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
So I used a little ironic humour about Bill and the Thin Man to illustrate my thoughts on such internet phenomena. This was reported to the moderators and apparently after much discussion my comment has been deleted. However my sentiment remains and you can probably guess how I'd vote!

I care deeply about this community and as above, please let's not let the content of this informative site be diluted with Facebook drivel.

If you disagree with me I'm happily persuaded and will be delighted to repost from my Facebook feed all the Bill, cat photos and pictures of my friends meals that you could possibly want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
It's funny i stopped using facebook around a decade ago because of all the melodrama and diva personas and excessive advertising, it wasn't covered in Bill or cat pics of pics of peoples food back then

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
It's funny i stopped using facebook around a decade ago because of all the melodrama and diva personas and excessive advertising, it wasn't covered in Bill or cat pics of pics of peoples food back then

I think Facebook is a fantastic tool for keeping in touch with distant friends, relations and those folk who we like but are not in our immediate sphere of close friends who we might pick up the phone to or see regularly. Hell I even moderate on our community page, run one for the company.

However sometimes in the stuff they post it makes obvious those differences of approach and outlook that make for irreconcilable differences.

On this forum we all have an interest in Bushcraft. Tony has set rules about standards of conduct and the discussion of the more emotive issues of life and I respect that. Let's not fill these pages with the junk that fills Facebook. I'm sick to death of Bob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Due to this thread i am no longer Billiterate

I'll get me coat :burnout:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE