Ants?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Besides fire ants, as far as I know, all ants are good eating. I've eaten them raw, and cooked.. and I'm not just talking about the larvae either. The ants themselves can be made into a black sugar.

Get a wooden bowl, fill with ants, and slide in a red hot rock. Stir it around and touch all of the ants. Add more ants, and keep doing, until they all shrivel and turn to black dust.. it's sugary.. tangy. Tastes good :D

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
Sounds great Ozaawaa! It's al;ways interested me as to just exactly how many insects it's safe to eat, Woodlice for example and grasshoppers etc, considering how easy some of these are to find in certain seasons and areas. However I noticed a link elsewhere in the forum to a Polish site which had a tome on edible Insects which I may well try to bilge can't remember what it was under now though... ....:banghead:

Ant larvae are actually tastsy IMHO and I though everyone ate ants as a matter of course as children and worms, slugs etc.

No? Just me then....:eek:

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Sounds great Ozaawaa! It's al;ways interested me as to just exactly how many insects it's safe to eat, Woodlice for example and grasshoppers etc, considering how easy some of these are to find in certain seasons and areas. However I noticed a link elsewhere in the forum to a Polish site which had a tome on edible Insects which I may well try to bilge can't remember what it was under now though... ....:banghead:

Ant larvae are actually tastsy IMHO and I though everyone ate ants as a matter of course as children and worms, slugs etc.

No? Just me then....:eek:

I ate worms and crickets.

Since the age of 14 though.. I've eaten grubs, maggots, worms, leeches, snails, grasshoppers, and even june beetles.

And those were all willingly consumed :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE