Antler kinfe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry! I mean the whole thing made from antler. It ame back into my mind when I was reading he article on making a bone knife.

Traditionally you get some antler, get a flat stone and use that to grind the antler to shape.

Once ground to shape get some sand and leather then use that to polish the final product

Job Done :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry to be iggerant ... will give it a go ... rough-surface flat stone or don't it matter ???
:headbang::11doh:

If you can get a rough for initial shaping out then a slightly smoother one for finer work would be best.

Doesn't have to be a stone... a paving slab or a brick would work just as well just so long as they've got an abrasive surface.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If you can get a rough for initial shaping out then a slightly smoother one for finer work would be best.

Doesn't have to be a stone... a paving slab or a brick would work just as well just so long as they've got an abrasive surface.

Ta muchley, should have some relevant stones/slabs/bricks. Might even sit in fireplace and use that to rub antler on this afternoon. Was going to make more kindling for the woodburner and practice feather sticks - damn! Choices! The only trouble with this dratted site is it offers me far too many fun things to do :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE