Antler Harpoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy B

Forager
Apr 25, 2004
Belfast
Hi there,

This is something I have wanted to make for a while.

The harpoon point is atached to an Elder shaft by handmade cord. The harpoon sits neatly in the end of the elder.

When the harpoon detaches in the prey Fish or frog the harpoon comes out of its seat and the string absorbs the struggle if that makes sense.

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2648.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
good work.....mind that tip on the rocks if you ever have to use it...... its ilegal in the UK though.....

regards.

chris..................

I wonder where you would stand within the eyes of the law, carring just the harpoon point with you in your edc pouch or rucksack.
It's surely not a dangerous weapon, as there is no intent to cause human harm, and it wasn't manufactured or adapted for that purpose? Although it does have a point and the act of using this "item" for fishing / hunting is illegal. It can't be used for hunting as it is, and so would require adaptation if a "survival situation" arose.

Very nice looking item tho Andy, what did you use to carve it?

Luke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE