Antarctica Shirt (Country Covers)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Theo01

Mar 7, 2006
Gloucestershire, UK
Anyone got any experience of the Antarctica Shirt from Country Covers.
Its Nomex/Merino (30%/70%) at just over £35 - so cheaper than a swannie but a wool mix.
Any thoughts...?

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup - I have two having bought a second one after loving the first one so much. It is a cracking shirt and several BCUK members came in with me when I bought the second one having tried mine at meet ups. It is one of my favourite bit of kit and I bought it on the strength of the review in the BCUK magazine :)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've got one and really quite like it, but do find its proneto pilling.
Far more comfy than the norgy it based on.

Dave

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yes it was in the Winter edition of the BCUK magazine #4 (the one that also included the free torch). They have changed the design very slightly with the latest ones. The original one I have is a light olive green colour where as the latest version is more of a forest green and I think the weave is a bit tighter on the latest one which might improve the piling mentioned by another member.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Silverback said:
Yes it was in the Winter edition of the BCUK magazine #4 (the one that also included the free torch). .

:11doh: That's why I couldn't find it using google or advanced search :11doh: forgot about hard copy.... IIRC Stuart's review was very positive with a good explanation of how exactly the material responds to sparks etc.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
A plus vote from me.
Got a black Arktis issued to me and a great piece of kite-unless you are allergic to wool. Face fabric much better than wool for pilling and wind resistance.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
I love mine it keeps me warmer than my swanndri .If you have not got one do your self a favour and get one .10 out of 10 from me money well spent :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE