Another victim of the downturn...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sad news indeed Eric. Let`s hope things turn around quickly and we can continue to support ventures like this.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Makes you wonder doesn't it; gubmint withdraws funding from a really worthwhile cause yet gives £Billions to pointless rich :censored:s

:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
it's a real shame that this business has gone under, they obviously have done a great thing in planting so many trees.

however, as with many charities and community initiatives, they could have made more of an effort to earn income as well as recieving grant funding. If they had worked a social enterprise into their business plan perhaps they would still be a viable company now.

saying that 'the downturn' is the cause of a business collapsing may be true in some cases but not all. look at woolworths, they have been trading at a lost for a long time....

ASLAN

Dec 1, 2008
Co Durham, UK
This community forest has grown up on my doorstep in the 20 years I've lived in the NE. making a great contribution to envionmental improvement in the area. It's a sure sign though as to where environmental matters are on most politicians list of concerns when an initative like this goes to the wall. I can think of plenty of things I would have sacrificed first.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
A sad reflection of the current situation, unfortunately, even the environment isn't protected when it comes to hard cash. You would have thought that these National Forest companies would be an "Asset" worth investing in from a governmental point of view, as the environment is so close to the hearts of our elected members. Would it have needed a multi-billion pound rescue package..........................i think not. I have worked in the industry for over ten years an when it comes down to it.............we are the first to go..............surely this company could have bailed, i believe that the trade in carbon credits is worth billions globally, do these companies not have a part to play in this, i would have thought so, with planting millions of trees that sequester billions of tons of carbon.........oh well, i'me just a back country hick, what do i know.

Mark

B

brasst

hey just goes to show how concerned the government is about global warming and pollution.trees soak up co2 and expel oxygen iirc. basic common sense grow more green stuff ,remove more bad stuff, give out good stuff in return... it aint rocket science but then there is no tax pound from it either.sustainable forests are good but unmaintained woods die so it pays to encourage and invest in them to keep the balance

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE