another recent carving

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Very cool, I like that a lot. Have you ever thought of hollowing one out so that if you put an incense stick or cone inside smoke would come out of the mouth and so on?
Cheers for letting us see him.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
You're a very talented carver Steve, very talented indeed :)

much appreciated Steve, I do like these guys though :)

I like that... very cool! :D

thanks dewi glad you like it.

Very cool, I like that a lot. Have you ever thought of hollowing one out so that if you put an incense stick or cone inside smoke would come out of the mouth and so on?
Cheers for letting us see him.

interesting idea! might have to address issues of an ember within a stick, not insurmountable though. thanks for the input GB :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've a couple of upright/tower incence holders made of wood. As long as there's a little space between the glowing tip and the wood they're fine. Just when I looked at your brill carving that little wreaths if smoke curling about him would look pretty mystical/cool. Might be a pain drilling out the core after carving though and making a base.
Looks great as is anyway.

I've a couple of upright/tower incence holders made of wood. As long as there's a little space between the glowing tip and the wood they're fine. Just when I looked at your brill carving that little wreaths if smoke curling about him would look pretty mystical/cool. Might be a pain drilling out the core after carving though and making a base.

you mean like this?! : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raeuchermann

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Really nice indeed. Thanks.

i wish i had your talent....

Fantastic! I like the colour combination of the carved and natural surfaces.

thanks fellas, appreciated :)

Very cool.have you ever thought of doing an instructional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did do one a couple of years ago on here, it was turned into an article and is gathering dust somewhere. :)

Ahh yes I see what you mean now, drilled up to at least the nose, drill out the nostrils and mouth with perhaps a small removable ceramic holder in the base, yes do-able. but the extra time and cost may make it overly expensive, I may do a prototype though :)

Last edited:

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Came back for another look.really like this.what are you using for light when taking yer pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE