another question about boots!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wibble

Feb 6, 2008
Norfolk

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Don't know them but they seem to be a good buy.
Think i'll keep them in mind.

Your mate is probably in them daily so that must be a good endorsement.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Go to a store and try them on. Before you know if they are comfy or not, it isn't really interesting with details or opinions.

As for the brand, a friend had a pair of chirucas of another model, he isn't the walking type, just got tired of wet cold sneakers. I think he's happy with his, four years old and daily use through the winter, he lives near the coast, so it's not so cold during winter, but very wet conditions. Seems to be a good build.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Its hard enough to choose what boot to buy. You want something to keep you dry, warm, comfortable. But if you cant get to a professional fitter are there any high street fitters out there that can give me a correct sizing?

Do Clarks still do that? I haven't been measured since I was six!

I am thinking of buying Alp-Kit (correct name?) but I don't want to make the several hundred mile trip up north just to get measured.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Its hard enough to choose what boot to buy. You want something to keep you dry, warm, comfortable. But if you cant get to a professional fitter are there any high street fitters out there that can give me a correct sizing?

Do Clarks still do that? I haven't been measured since I was six!

I am thinking of buying Alp-Kit (correct name?) but I don't want to make the several hundred mile trip up north just to get measured.

Alpkit? Do they do boots, or do you mean Alt-berg?

http://www.altberg.co.uk/

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Yes its altberg, and if you drive 700 miles you'll be somewhere in the north sea !. Seriously though, takes me 2hrs 15 minutes, from grantham, iwill be going up sometime in the next month(?), so if you want to share, pm me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE