Another laplander pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
A different take on the saw pouch, no drop loop, just a good solid belt attachment.

As usual, completely handmade, 70lb sinew, 3.5mm veg tan etc.

slightly better pictures for this one!:)
P2170023.jpg

thanks for looking

Steve

Last edited:

rancid badger

another lovely piece of work there steve. how do you get that pattern on the leather with the dye?

Thanks Aaron, you start with a light colour then work back to dark, just dappling as randomly as possible. It doesn't always work out however, it takes a little while to get the hang of.

You need a fair selection of colours to get the effect as well; in this case, yellow, British tan, tan, medium brown, kelly green and black, with a final toning coat of "my own" shade: 'brown':rolleyes: ( this is basically just dribs and drabs collected into one bottle) Then coat after coat of carnauba wax, buffed between each with a boot brush, this gives you the deep shine as well as acting as a water repellent.

I like the idea of making things that are unique,and there is no way I could replicate this particular type of decoration.

The only other snag is the time it takes to do, so quite aside from the actual construction, there's quite a bit of work goes into these things.;)

Practice and experimentation- that's the key.

atb

Steve

rancid badger

Thanks for the comment and I appreciate your honesty;) but hopefully someone will like the shape.

To be honest I'm tired of seeing the same stuff churned out time and time again and occasionally like to "kick out" and try experimenting with something a little different.

It actually took considerably longer to make than a "normal" snub nose version but this was just one of those experiments,so; if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.;)

cheers all

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE