Another Kifaru Post!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
I finally got my Marauder from Kifaru and what can i say?? AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

i'll be taking it out for a "bash and trash" over the next few days so i'll post a proper review them along with some pics.

it's a panel opened as opposed to a top loader and about 37L in size. I got it without the optional waist belt as i plan on carrying it pretty high on my back and over my webbing.

on First glance it seems incredibly sturdy. It's got PALS webbing on the INSIDE as well as the outside so attaching after market pouches etc is not a problem

Speaking of which, i also got MAXPEDITION (www.maxpedition.com) pouches to attach to the sides of my Camelbak motherlode. The quality on these pouches is simply incredible. I got the M5 and M4 and i know sometime on here there are discussions re belt pouches etc, well i think Maxpedition are worth looking at.

The difference between the Marauder and the Pointman (which i posted about earlier) is that the Marauder has a more basic carrying system is more of a daypack, where as the Pointman, with careful packing could quite easily become a overnight or weekend pack. Having said that, ive come to the conclusion that the drawback to Kifaru products is their weight.

My Pointman weighs in at approx 4kg (i only have kitchen scales so they're not 100%) inc waistbelt etc. This is a little heavy for someone who's only then going to put 8-10kg of gear in it. But i guess that's the price you pay for having 1000dn nylon exclusively, in some cases doubled up and then the PALS webbing which would account for a fair bit of weight in itself.

Anyhow, as mentioned a proper review with pics will follow.

regards
Jeelan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE