Another Hello... this time from Stockport

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
So hi all,
I have just joined the forum after searching around the web for Bushcraft courses for myself and my son, i found this forum and have found some really usefull info already.
I am completely new to bushcraft,although as a family of 4 we camp a couple of times a year, i would like to get into some wild camping and bushcraft as something i can do/learn with my son (just turned 13).
I want to start getting some sort of kit together and try out some simple skills so any advice will definately be welcomed.

I look forward to getting to know people on the forum.

Cheers

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi Dirk.

We are having a Meet just down the road from you at the end of the month. You are more than welcome to come and spend a few hours round the fire with us if you like, OR stop over if you have the gear!

Just look in the meet ups section / England North / Middlewood Jan 09

Simon

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Welcome to the forum!

One piece of advice; use the search facility for the first couple of weeks and don't worry about all the new posts that arrive every day. That way you can build up your knowledge quickly and cheaply as we've all started somewhere and asked the same questions before.

I'm still learning stuff from the topics that have already been covered somewhere in this forum.

Also as you're local, get down to Middlewood (see Middlewood; Brass Monkeys thread) at the end of the month to meet a few (40ish) of us and get some more pointers on what you do/don't need as well as kit recommendations (a good fireside topic if ever there was one!).

Chris

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys
i was looking at the thread regarding the Middlewood meeting, i only have a large family tent and usual equipment so staying over is probably not an option at this short notice. Hopefully when i get some more suitable kit, which is really the reason i joined here, for some good advice etc.
however i may call over for a couple of hours just to say hello, as long as i'm welcome.

Thanks again.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys
i was looking at the thread regarding the Middlewood meeting, i only have a large family tent and usual equipment so staying over is probably not an option at this short notice. Hopefully when i get some more suitable kit, which is really the reason i joined here, for some good advice etc.
however i may call over for a couple of hours just to say hello, as long as i'm welcome.

Thanks again.

No excuse!! - I took a colleague from work, with her full family to the last one.

She had a family tent too. No snobbery over kit here! Take whatver you have to make yourself comfortable.

Most folk at the meet will avail themselves of the trolley to get all their gear to where they need it - myself included! (Last time I slept in an 8 man tipi with wood burning stove and flue pipes, camp bed the lot - on my own! Luxury! :D )

Either way, no pressure! But bring a mug as the kettle is always on!

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE