Another Dartmoor question!

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Hi guys,just a quickie question,i am after a route/camping spot on dartmoor for me and the missus this saturday,we live fairly close(somerset)we have done a couple of wild camps before on dartmoor,but im drawing a blank this time i have been studying google earth and the dartmoor npa map and os explorer for some river/woods action to no avail,im afraid if this trip is a disaster she wont want to come again,oh by the way our trips have been mostly around south dartmoor(been a bit scared of men with big guns,although the wife might not object)were not afraid of a bit of a hike and would rather come back to a car all in one piece,looking forward to the knowledge guys.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I always enjoyed camping out near Bellever there is a forestry comission car park next to the river at these lat and long taken from google earth 50°34'48.85"N 3°53'48.13"W, always enjoyed walking the dartmeet vally and always thought it would be a great place for a kip but i don't think you are alowed park here 50°31'34.38"N 3°51'21.63"W and head northinto the vally.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE