Anglo Saxon Remedy.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, i read this the other day, I think on the BBC, amazing stuff and so simple...

Makes you wonder how many other things we're missing that they used to use/have

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
The big companies will only put effort into something they can patent.

The truly interesting thing about this medicine is the detail of the prep. Someone must have done a lot of experimentation way back when.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Oh grief! Good news about possible new treatments for resistant bugs, but it now means we'll have another wave of ranting about "the good old days" of pre-medicine medicine. And no doubt a resurgence of tales of how water has memory and will cure us of all known ills as long as you hit it with a leather-bound stick a certain number of times.....................

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It's all right Andy, I have an Anglo Saxon medical implement that cures all ailments.

Angrboda.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh grief! Good news about possible new treatments for resistant bugs, but it now means we'll have another wave of ranting about "the good old days" of pre-medicine medicine. And no doubt a resurgence of tales of how water has memory and will cure us of all known ills as long as you hit it with a leather-bound stick a certain number of times.....................

Oh come on, Andy BB; That's a huge leap away from what's been published in that article and what's been said here. You don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater every time, surely?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Oh come on, Andy BB; That's a huge leap away from what's been published in that article and what's been said here. You don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater every time, surely?

...give it time. We've already had the "big, bad, evil drug companies" attacks within a couple of hours. The mystic healing brigade will soon be along, using this article as proof that the "old ways are best"..... :)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
...give it time. We've already had the "big, bad, evil drug companies" attacks within a couple of hours. The mystic healing brigade will soon be along, using this article as proof that the "old ways are best"..... :)

I've just reread the thread, and can find no mention of bad or evil drug companies, except in your post. Big drug companies have been aware of the Russian research for years, they would be fools not to, and the big pharmaceuticals are not run by fools. Have you actually read the links, they are not talking about mumbo jumbo.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall

Of course we will. Topical treatment with disinfectantwill kill most things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE