And yet Another newbie !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Krolus

Aug 12, 2009
Leicestershire UK
Hi all

Long time lurker from Leicestershire.

Ive had a startling revelation... im a couch potato and I need to do something about it, which the dog is loving. :D

I have always been intrested in bushcraft and I would like to improve my hands on knowledge. I have managed to spark enough intrest to lure my 14 year old son away from the computer, so hopefully we will be able to get some advice from the more experienced guys out there.

On a side note I am very intrested in trying archery so any infomation anyone can forward would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance guys

Krolus

Aug 12, 2009
Leicestershire UK
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas

Re: the meet up

The only gear I have so far is a decent pair of hiking trainers and a pair of craghopper troussers :S

Im thinking I would need quite a bit of gear to be camping out under the stars.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas

Re: the meet up

The only gear I have so far is a decent pair of hiking trainers and a pair of craghopper troussers :S

Im thinking I would need quite a bit of gear to be camping out under the stars.

I have a spare sleeping bag, a bivi bag and a tarp you could borrow if you want

Krolus

Aug 12, 2009
Leicestershire UK
Lincs Bushman

Yes I wanted to do a bit of bonding with my son before I lose him to girls and motorbikes, I need a crowbar to get him off his PC at present but the temptation of lighting fires and the such has sparked him up.

I did do a little research into Father and son rights of passage type courses but funds are tight at the moment and I just know that as soon as a frost hits us he wont want to be in a basha :)

Krolus

Aug 12, 2009
Leicestershire UK
MartinK9

Thats a very kind offer.

I do have a set of old carp fishing gear that includes a bivvy and a camping bed, I would feel a bit of a noddy rocking up with my carping set up and all you lads are basha'd up tho

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
MartinK9

Thats a very kind offer.

I do have a set of old carp fishing gear that includes a bivvy and a camping bed, I would feel a bit of a noddy rocking up with my carping set up and all you lads are basha'd up tho

Not at all, some ground dwell, some swing from trees others have tipis, all a mixed bunch and willing to help out if we can.

A good chance to see them all, and try before you buy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE