Woodland camp 26/27 July 2013at bush farm wiltshire.near dorset somerset border

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
heres a chance for those that missed the last one in JUNE,anyone interested in a hang / camp at bush farm at west knoyle? its where the wilderness gathering is held.

SLIGHT CHANGES THIS MONTH!

90% of the attendees have suggested an 'all in' package for the weekend so this i will do this time to see how it works,the july meet will be paid in advance to me to secure the pitches,i have previously been forking out for it from my meager family budget. this is what i propose:

£7.00 pitch fee per night stayed. ( £3.50 for over 4 years old and £7.00 for over 14 years old)This is the normal rate set by the campsite.
£3.00 for the Saturday evening communal meal,kids eat free (just ask previous attendees how good the cooking is!)
£4.00 for a sack of logs from the farm,i am eating away at my logs at home for next winter !lol

so for example if you plan Friday and Saturday night the total for your stay would be £21.00 and worth every penny.

For that money this month there will be a spoon carving workshop on the Saturday as well as ad hoc demonstrations by experienced bushcrafters attending on methods of fire lighting and net making and of course you get the use of all the facilities,toilets,showers,secure parking.

payments in advance would be appreciated by paypal (if you dont have a paypal account then just chat to me by pm) so mrs fish can buy ingredients for the meal and I can secure the 2 pitches needed for the amount of folk that have been attending this increasingly popular event.

If you are unsure if you are attending and need to pay on arrival that is fine,we are just trying to limit the running about during the weekend by the now very pregnant mrs fish!

shops within 3 miles also on site. would be a great chance to have a chin wag,and show of your kit not forgetting the bring and buy/swap table

We are not making any profit on this guys we are just covering the costs ,we can if need be show you reciepts,and we are doing this because we enjoy meeting such great folks.

Easy time ,relaxing. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

link to bush farm info:

http://www.bisonfarm.co.uk/index.htm

thanks for looking.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Hope to get to this one as well. Did I leave my yellow handled splitting maul at the last meet, can't find it!

Cade

Life Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
who do i send payment to :) and what times? i think i'll have to get there around 6 ish as i have to drop my daughter home first from a week with me.

Cade

Life Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
one thing i have to ask would anyone be able to help me sharpen a camp knife my brother had made for me a year or so ago its been a thorn in my side since i got it, i love it but can't get certain parts of it sharp i know its me failing in terms of sharpening but i just can't seem to get it right.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
one thing i have to ask would anyone be able to help me sharpen a camp knife my brother had made for me a year or so ago its been a thorn in my side since i got it, i love it but can't get certain parts of it sharp i know its me failing in terms of sharpening but i just can't seem to get it right.

looks like a knife sharpening workshop too then!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
ok guys and gals,we are pleased to announce that there will be workshops at the next meet,thanks to mouse aand tillerman for their input,workshops as follows

Fish will be doing workshops in :

knife sharpening,

Netting needle and spacer carving ,

Spoon carving workshop ,

A tutorial by fish on tools and there use and then a chance to carve your own spoon .

Mouse040will be doing workshops in:

Nett making

A quick demo and then one to one help to make your own net needles can be provided if carving is not your thing

Bush jerky /

From making a traditional jerky stand and then producing jerky over the weekend tasters are given out or make your own batch pm mouse for details as all needed ingredients can be supplied

Thetillerman71 will be doing workshops in:

Basic trapping techniques

This is practical only we do not have permission to trap at bush farm so all traps will be dismantled after demonstration

Fire techniques different techniques and there history

Make your own bow set and create fire by friction

there is no charge for these courses to make the most of the chance to learn some new skills!

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Would love to come along too , but will have to pm you nearer the time . Having contact issues with my daughter
cheers
Pumbaa

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
evening
i'm off that week so if possible i'd like to come for the full turn.let me know who to pay.be good to meet people in my neck of the woods.
cheers ade

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE