And fight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Didnt I read buddha was sitting under a tree, before he became Buddha, when a leaf fell into his cup of hot water and thats how tea came about?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Maybe its some chinese emperor im thinking of. Dunno.

Yes, a quick google, confirms;
Origins of Tea. Legend has it that the Chinese Emperor Shen Nong discovered tea in 2737 BC while boiling water in the shade of a tree. A light breeze caused some leaves to fall into the water, which the emperor tasted and found to be delicious

Only a few thousand years out then.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
So 4,753 years after its discovery and we get concentrate... give it another 4,753 years and we might get tea tablets... all the fun of a cup of tea in a handy capsule.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
On recent Trips to Sweden and Canada, they had loads of Twinings type fruity teas. [The Orange Peco with milk was not bad in Canada]

They'd never tried a simple PG tips, or Yorkshire tea with two sugars and milk.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
MILK? In TEA??

What are you on?

(Twinings is not my thing. I generaly get the fancy stuff from China.)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Have to admit, and this is quite the admission... my favourite tea, the one that sticks in my mind the most, was the watery hot brew of tea I had in a mess hall in Scotland. There is something about army tea... its unique... despite having a cup of tea in locations around the country and in various places in the world, its never been quite the experience of supping tea with my mates after a long night out and about.

Another tea I remember distinctly was from a butty wagon near Romford. It wasn't particularly nice tea, but it was a strong sweet tea, even without putting sugar in it.

Its weird because I'm a coffee drinker nowadays, but some of the clearest memories I have is when and where I had an unusually good cup of tea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE