An Autumn Wander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've been really busy trying to make ends meet lately and haven't been posting as much, but a couple of days ago I got a Royal Mail package that contained a knife I bought from a friend in the UK. It is a knife that he has had for a while, it’s patterned after the Woodlore, and made by Mick Spain.

DSC_6023.jpg

DSC_6024.jpg

DSC_6022.jpg

I thought it only fitting to take it on a proper wander for it’s first one in the states. One of the areas I like to wander around in is a prairie type meadow on the other side of a little Poplar wood. The first colors of autumn are starting to show.
DSC_6099.jpg

DSC_6105.jpg

DSC_5680.jpg

DSC_5685.jpg

DSC_5728.jpg

DSC_5675.jpg

DSC_5877.jpg

DSC_5863.jpg

DSC_5872.jpg

DSC_5874.jpg

DSC_5878.jpg

DSC_5740.jpg

I found some coyote tracks in an open spot on a path that skirts the meadow.

DSC_6021.jpg

And what I think is some black locust.

DSC_5892.jpg

Then there were lots of colors in and around the high grass.

DSC_6062.jpg

DSC_5707.jpg

DSC_5699.jpg

DSC_5902.jpg

DSC_5934.jpg

DSC_5920.jpg

DSC_5928.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

DSC_5955.jpg

DSC_6036.jpg

DSC_5961.jpg

DSC_5972.jpg

DSC_5977.jpg

DSC_5970.jpg

DSC_6011.jpg

DSC_5990.jpg

Then I spotted this little guy as I skirted to meadow.

DSC_6076.jpg

After the walk I just sat and enjoyed the end of the day whittling.

DSC_6109.jpg

Then I took a parting shot of the moon as I was heading home. I think it was a fitting wander for the knife’s first outing in a new land.

DSC_5844.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Fantastic photos & those insect shots are remarkable......you're a lucky man, that is one beautiful knife........thanks for posting.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words fellas, I really appreciate that and I'm glad you've all enjoyed the post.

Lovely pics Brian, good to see you out and about again

Hope you had a good summer

Thanks Rich, good to be out and have time for some personal shots. Usually I'm too busy with working shots lately.

It was good, but looooong and hot with one long stretch of 35 straight days of over 100 degree heat indexes. I am glad to see autumn arrive!! How was your summer over there?

Great shots as usual Brian, particularly all the insects.

I'm really pleased you like the knife too mate, nice one.

Thanks Si, glad you enjoyed the photos, macro is being one of my favorite hobbies lately.

Oh, definitely loving the knife my friend, and I'm having a blast getting acquainted with it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE