Ammo Box Stove!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

c0nna

Jan 26, 2012
Durham
Hi guys, I'm going to head up to Scotland next week for a few days, and I wanted to try my hand at making an Ammo Box stove, I haven't started yet I just wondered if you guys would share some tips.

First of all what do you think would be the best kind of flue to use (and the cheapest :D)? Secondly, how will a damper benefit the stove? Is it 100% necessary? And last but not least, if I wanted to use it in a lavvu/teepee would the flue be best going out of the highest point of the tent (would I really need such a long flue)?

If anyone can help me out that would be great!

Thanks,

Connor.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
This website should give you a few pointers. I may make one myself. Good to know and keep in the mind for the future.

http://www.jonsbushcraft.com/ammo-can-stove.htm

Like quite a lot about that but not keen on aluminium pop rivets, prefer steel nuts and bolts.

Not keen on aluminium round fires, ok for a pot that contains water so never gets above 100 degrees C but not keen on thin aluminium on a proper fire.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Yes, steel nuts and bolts would be better.

I would of thought aluminium would have a chance of catching fire.

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Theres 5" stainless steel flexible flue tubing here for £12 a metre. They may do smaller diameter tubing too.
http://www.flexifluedirect.com/prod...ducts_id=386&gclid=COWh7e-wysgCFU-6Gwodr10JdQ

098e87580dcb0dda7b2bfedb7a92e16d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE