American slipjoints- Case Stockman etc

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Got a trio of slipjoints in the post today:
slipjoints1.JPG

These are my first classic slipjoints, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I've put some more pictures of them here: Slipjoints

Hellz

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Good kit Hellz.

Got my Schrade Old Timer 340T Stockman today.

Great little knife - I'm very pleased. Feels very solid and can't believe how they made them so well at such a low price. Only moderately sharp as supplied but just a few minutes work needed.

A shame the company went under. Hope the workers are all right. I've seen what can happen in towns where the main employer goes under.

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Guys,
I was so enthused by this thread that I went a little crazy and ordered three slipjoints from RC Knives.
Number one is a Russell Barlow with clip and spear point blades, the second is a Boker large stockman with clip, sheep's foot and spey blades, which, incidentally is now my E.D.C. and the third is a Schrade CSW296 trapper.
The Schrade is a limited edition and, I have to say is the most superb folding knife I have ever handled. The fit and finish are, quite literally flawless. I can only assume that they were assembled and fitted by hand. Needless to say that this one will remain in the box.
The service I received from RC Knives (via E-Bay) was excellent.
Anyway, thanks, I now have a new way of reducing my bank balance.
Tack

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hey Tack, got any photos? I think I might have the same Barlow. That is one super little knife. Does it look like the one on the right?

dressknives1b.jpg

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Hoodoo,
Sorry its taken me a while to reply but I've been in Manchester waiting for an aircraft from Calgary which turned in seventeen hours late!
My Barlow is the same one as yours except mine has stag for the grips.
If someone can advise on posting photographs as part of a reply I'll be delighted to share my collection.
Regards
Tack

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I was going to apologise for resurrecting an eight year old thread, but the information and photos on this one are too good to be buried in the archives.

Having sold some stuff on the forum, I'm looking at getting a really nice slipjoint, probably a Case. I've got £50-£70 to spend.

I was impressed by the £9 Rough Rider I saw at a meet but these are Chinese made and although fantastic value, not quite in the same league.

Any recommndations?

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I was going to apologise for resurrecting an eight year old thread, but the information and photos on this one are too good to be buried in the archives.

Having sold some stuff on the forum, I'm looking at getting a really nice slipjoint, probably a Case. I've got £50-£70 to spend.

I was impressed by the £9 Rough Rider I saw at a meet but these are Chinese made and although fantastic value, not quite in the same league.

Any recommndations?

I'd take a look at Great Eastern Cutlery. They are cranking out some great knives.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Thanks for bot replies. The Great eastern models do look rather nice.

I have a Sheffield folder but it's an A Wright which I think are not quite as good as the Abletts.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Thanks for bot replies. The Great eastern models do look rather nice.

I have a Sheffield folder but it's an A Wright which I think are not quite as good as the Abletts.

The essential problem with the GEC slips is that once you buy one, you will want more. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE