Alternatives to the frontier stove...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 7, 2009
Nottingham
Right gang; I need some suggestions for a stove for in my new Bergans Lavvu, that will be delivered midweek...

As much as I'm a fan of the frontier stove, with its various add-ons etc, it sits too high, therefore the bottom 2 feet of the space is cold, and I think I'll need something a bit bigger too, as it's a big old space to heat!

I like the look of the Helsport stove, but it's a bit on the pricey side...

Any other suggestions of stoves?

I'll be vehicle camping with the family in this (although they don't know it's coming yet), but I'll also be doing some much wilder canoe trips, so I can't have something crazy heavy / big.

Many thanks!

swingerek

Sep 23, 2011
eastkilbride
Hi mate, i have the luxe 4-5 man tipi and i built a .50 cal ammo box stove which stands about 6 inches off the ground and it works a treat, i bought the spare frontier flue sections for my chimney. If your on google + check out my page and you'll see the kind of thing iam on about. I cant remember if i made a video on my you tube channel about my stove or not.diy build always an option . (water wolf adventures)
Hope this is of some use..

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'v got a 50 cal ammo box stove and a ti goat they both work very well and chuck out loads of heat, last time i used it was about -5. it was so hot when cooking i had to open the tent door

Bonus pic

Also, for me the roll up titanium flue that came with my ti goat has been a revalation and goes on the ammo box too......awsome

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE