Altberg Warrior Boots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I love mine, best boots i've ever had, due to all my outdoor stuff being scotland and northumberland i went for the waterproof warrior aqua version not the type you have linked, boots are very comfortable straight out he box, sole has good grip although a bit slippery on beachcombing wet slimy rocks (but what footwear wouldn't be there? lol), feet are always dry and blister free even when i have been carrying a 20kilo pack in the constant changing weather scotland and northumberland has to offer, seems a good trade off between ankle support and flexibility, when they wear out i'll be buying another pair

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I was dubious before buying them as i had never spent 150+ on a pair of footwear in my life but the reviews were always positive so i thought sod it and took the plunge, last summer i spent a very wet fortnight living wild on Loch Fyne and Loch Lomond and not once when i took my boots off at the end of the day were my feet wet or blistered, that was when i admitted to myself they were a worthy buy and when they wear out i'll be buying them again

Gotta say though the other boots i was gonna buy if i didn't buy the Altbergs were the Lowa goretex mountain boots, it was only the continuous mention in reviews of them being really slippery soles that eventually swung me to the Altbergs, how have you found the Lowa GMB in use?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I wear these in the unlined version, great boots and for that price? it's a no-brainer! Cambrelle is a comfortable and durable lining that breathes really well and is comfortable and wicking. I use the ledergris regularly on mine, a year old now and seem like they'll go on for a few more to come; Never had wet feet in mine, just look after them properly.

I don't mind the green colour at all, but I've used brown ledergris and they're almost brown now - in case that matters to you. I recommend them highly :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I was dubious before buying them as i had never spent 150+ on a pair of footwear in my life but the reviews were always positive so i thought sod it and took the plunge, last summer i spent a very wet fortnight living wild on Loch Fyne and Loch Lomond and not once when i took my boots off at the end of the day were my feet wet or blistered, that was when i admitted to myself they were a worthy buy and when they wear out i'll be buying them again

Gotta say though the other boots i was gonna buy if i didn't buy the Altbergs were the Lowa goretex mountain boots, it was only the continuous mention in reviews of them being really slippery soles that eventually swung me to the Altbergs, how have you found the Lowa GMB in use?

Cant complain. They're good boots.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Best boots of that type I've ever had. Lots of support and only enhanced by the fact they are not gore tex lined.

Youd be be happy wearing them in a huge variety of terrain in a huge variety of climates. Mine are black but the new brown ore olive ones are much less uniformy ( even though that's exactly what they are).

Just pay the man and be happy with some excellent boots.

Rabid

Nomad
Dec 15, 2014
Sleaford Lincolnshire
I have had a pair of these they lasted for ages when I did wear them out I took them back to altberg and they refurbished them by replacing worn panels replacing soles and footbeds and replacing broken eyelets abd linings so basically they were a new boot at approx half price excellent service would not hesitate to recommend and if you go to the factory they will make to measure.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah I'm was very tempted by these unfortunately they're all sold out except very small and very large sizes. Nice lady on the phone though she searched high and low for 11.5's for me.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Just take care with Altbergs if you have even slightly wide feet - they tend to come up fairly narrow. I seem to find that you need to order at least a size to a size and a half up from the Lowa equivalents for example. Very light boots though.....

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I ended up buying welsh woodsmans lundhags pro mid, and couldnt be happier.

Last edited:

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Just take care with Altbergs if you have even slightly wide feet - they tend to come up fairly narrow. I seem to find that you need to order at least a size to a size and a half up from the Lowa equivalents for example. Very light boots though.....
Erm, no. I sell both altbergs and lowas. Lowas are a narrower fit. Both manufacturers recommend going up half a size for wider feet, but experience has led me to discover that most people presented with a Lowa 1/2 larger will prefer to take that size over their regular size even with medium width feet. Mind you this is only based on a hundred or so sales ;)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Erm, no. I sell both altbergs and lowas. Lowas are a narrower fit. Both manufacturers recommend going up half a size for wider feet, but experience has led me to discover that most people presented with a Lowa 1/2 larger will prefer to take that size over their regular size even with medium width feet. Mind you this is only based on a hundred or so sales ;)

Not my experience (admittedly experiences of only 1 model of Lowas and two models of Altebergs), or that of the army (experiences of circa 50,000 pairs of altbergs per year), but everyone's entitled to an opinion!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE