Altberg Peacekeeper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Does anyone have any of the Altberg Peacekeeper boots, if so could you let me know what you think to them.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I've had a pair for over ten years. My all-time favourite boots. Only problem is that the sole rubber is on the hard side so although it wears well it isn't always as grippy as I'd like, clambering over mossy wood and stone can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.

The service from Alt-Berg is second to absolutely none.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The older sole is skywalk on the original boot, but they also do a lightweight sole that is more grippy. The skywalk is the sole for use on hard surface, & the other their off road sole.
I have never had an issue with the skywalk sole, & have never slipped while wearing them, but have done so while wearing lowa's. My son & i went to the factory on wednesday, & he got the peacekeepers. This boot was originaly made for running/tabbing in for the forces, & has a more flexible midsole than the defender or the field & fell(my favourite).
The peacekeeper is issued(in steel toecap version)to a number of police forces, so can be had via ebay if you don't mind steelys.

Rob

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Don't buy a pair with the Skywalks, they are unbelievably awful.
Vibram soled versions are better but I still prefer my Lowas, build quality is definitely better.
I want to like the Altbergs on account of them being made in Blighty but remove the domestic manufacture factor and for me the Lowas are the better buy.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
For bike boots altbergs are great

I've had a pair of clubman roadsters for a few years and have been faultless - comfy and waterproof, plus easy to walk in. They get work for commuting and are used more regularly than my sidi or alpinestars boots. They aren't lookers though!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I take it your thinking of spending good money on good boots, first off good idea. A pair of top boot are a must in my eyes. I wanted altbergs for years then bought a pair of meindls and they are unbelievable. Just saying the germans do make a brilliant boot with a little more pedigree than altberg :swordfigh

They are a vibram sole btw

Last edited:

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Altberg do their jungle boot with a panama sole as well. Good grippy sole. I wonder if they would put one on and what it would be like....

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
I've hammered three pairs of Altbergs over the years. Some long-time observations. The soles are poor, they wear quickly and are terrible in mud and mossy stone, the best are the panama! Also on the boots with the harder rubber rand the leather cracks deeply at the seam with extended use in challenging and variable conditions. That said, the Warrior Microlight Aqua are still the best boots I have owned and the most durable for 24/7 use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE