Alpkit Spring Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Much as I wanted to a buy a lot more, I could only justify a pack of socks and a cararbiner, but if anyone is after a big ticket item like a sleeping bag or heavy duty duffle, then fill your boots.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just what my wallet didn't need. :banghead: :lmao:

Due to hip number two gradually getting worse, I'm having to reduce my load when walk in camping. I've got the DD light tarp, UKHammocks Woodsman, but my Snugpak Chrysalis bag is both bulky and heavy. Bought a Pipedream weighing in at just I've a half kilo, hoping it's going to be warm enough.

I used to take everything. Axe, several knives, couple of air pistols, catty and lead balls, etc. Now it's a Silky and one knife. Things tend to be a bit lighter on the return trek because we've drunk the beer and kept just enough water to drink while walking and keep the dogs hydrated.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Bikepacking kit, cookware (bruler and a kettle) and a few too much stuff for my own good is tempting me right now. Wish I hadn't read this thread.

I'll email the other half and tempt her too. If she bites I'll blitz the debit card too. Wonder why they never did a woodburning stove?

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
How annoying! Couldn't buy anything at work and once home the items i like were no longer in the sale. They're for sale at full price though.

How bad is it to have a sale on that suddenly shrinks the number of deals like that? The sale is supposed to be on until Sunday. It's a bit like PlanetX is for cycling kit, things appearing at low prices then high prices so you just have to be lucky with the deals.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for letting us know about the sale, sadly non of their stuff i'd like to buy is in the sale, they do some great bike packing bags but they charge the price of the viral competitors versions of basically the same kit but the rivals are 100% waterproof dry bag versions, if they had been on sale might have made good light summer kit but if i am forking out full price i'll be going waterproof all day long

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What manufacturers are you referring to re bikepacking bags? Alpkit aren't more expensive than other brands like apidura or Ortlieb bikepacking kit. I'm looking at getting a c custom or full triangle frame bag and Alpkit looked the cheapest with their stingray custom bag. If there's an equivalent that's cheaper and better I'm definitely interested.

BTW they had the bikepacking bags included in the sales for about 5 hours i think before taking them off. Same with some sleeping bags and other goodies I was interested in.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
They are well priced but they are not waterproof, some are water resistant, spoke with them for a while last year about a custom frame bag for my fatty bike but they do not do 100% submersible dry bag kit so no good for my needs, i ended up just getting a big rubber dry bag for my bike trailer but the frame bag/pannier bags kit i will end up getting is the Blackburn Outpost stuff and the Outeredge or Ortlieb stuff, almost exact same prices bag size/function to bag size/function but those brands make submersible dry bag versions

Last edited:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Alpkit are coming out with dry versions of their bikepacking bags soon. Although I think Alpkit tend to sell their drybags with the bikepacking bags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE