alpkit gear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have a little money to treat myself to an early xmas present and was looking at the alpkit website.
i have no experience with their gear but the prices looked very reasonable.

I was thinking about getting the mytimug 650 and koro stove.

Has anyone here used any of these items? Are they worth a punt?

How durable are titanium cups in comparison to stainless steel equivalents.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I can't really comment on SS cups as all my stuff is Titanium. I don't have the Alpkit stuff but do have the MSR Titan kettle and cup and also Snowpeak 600 cup. I'm quite rough with my stuff but have never had any problems. Saying that I did have one small issue, I was making a Aluminium lid for the Titan cup and whacking the rim of the circle of Ali' while on the cup to round it over and found after I had flattened the base of the cup by a few mm where it was kind of stepped before!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have one of their Titanium cups from way back, great pieces of kit wouldn't be without it. Their head torches are pretty good too.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
I've had an Alpkit titanium mug for some years now and use it as my primary cooking kit. I have abused the hell out of it and it's still in really good nick bar one small dint in the base. I'm tempted to buy another just so I can use it for brews at home - my other half keeps breaking the ceramic mugs (I'd like to see her try with a titanium one :) )

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Alpkit stuff is pretty good. Titanium is not quite as strong as a SS equivalent on the whole i'd say. but the TI will be plenty strong enough

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Absolutely love mine ( MytiMug 650 ) , best thing is you can remove the handles,

where upon I can insert it into my Esbit stove giving me another cooking pot.

The Myti holds all the Esbit gear inside (hexi burner and alcohol burner) , lid cover

keeps it all neat. So now have three pot sizes if you like !

Great bit o' kit

Pete

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Thank you for the replys.
Its mainly going to be used on the gas stove and a svea 123r in the really cold months. But i didnt know if the ti cup would stand up to the abuse my crusader cup and us gi canteen cup have taken over the years?

Also are ti mugs durable enough to be used on an open fire?

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
As above. Plenty durable (they do use titanium in tank armour ;) )
My only issue is that Ti is a poorer heat conductor than steel so for long journeys with gas the fuel weight outweighs the weight saving in the cookset.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've had the Koro for a couple of months now. I really like the stove. The construction is well up to standard, made by Fire Maple.

The stove simmers well, also gives a nice balanced flame on full chat and doesn't cough much when switching from gaseous to liquid feed. Works well with my heat exchanger pots and has good efficiency. Very light unit too as a bonus.

Ti posts are what they are. They are not great for frying stuff due to the thin guage of the metal. For boiling water or simmering, they are fine. The massive bonus of Ti is that you don't burn your lips with a hot drink. Longevity wise, Ti won't corrode like Ally. They will last forever if you don't stand on one.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I have the Myti mug and Myti cup, have had them a few years now and love them. I have bought a fair few items from Alpkit now and I am always pleased with the products and service.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Alpkit sell quality gear generally speaking, and they always put a little hand written note in, but I did buy one of their lanterns, [below] and after a few uses, I twisted the bottom, to switch batteries, and the screw thread [flimsy grey] cracked. I tried ti glue it back on, but it didnt last long. I should have sent it back really.
Its in a cupboard somewhere.

366d1317396303t-alpkit-bulb-pi_16376.jpg

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
I love my alpkit 650 multi mug and kraku stove,great for making your coffee in the morning.I hang mine from my ridge line of my hammock so in the morning I reach up grab it and make my coffee from me hammock:) Happy days.I also have one of there filo down jackets and I love it,walking the dog in winter is a dream.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE