Alpkit Gamma

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smokin

Sep 6, 2011
England
I didn't realise it took them so long to get stock back in. I looked at these months ago, when they were also out of stock, but a week or so later, they must have got a new batch. Foolishly, I thought I needn't rush but now it seems they won't have any more in stock until April. They must be a quality torch!

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
We recently sent off 2 of ours that were broken (battery hatch)
And for 4 quid a torch they repaired them, quality service to go with a great torch :)

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

SteveW

Forager
Dec 10, 2006
Launceston,Cornwall
That's interesting, I lent mine to the next door farm when one of the pigs was furrowing and it came back with a broken hatch. I'll see if they will fix it. :)
I'm fairly sure I saw some torches that looked almost identical to the gamma advertised on a site somewhere recently, I'll see if I can find the link.
We recently sent off 2 of ours that were broken (battery hatch)
And for 4 quid a torch they repaired them, quality service to go with a great torch :)

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

bob_pickard

Feb 1, 2012
epsom
both the Gammas and their little LED lanthern are excellent bits of kit but then I've fast become an Alpkit fanatic - even bought one of their Heksa tents last year - very very good

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Fantastic head torches for the money, but a word of caution, if you do a group buy it works out more expensive than if you order your own.I did a group buy on another forum and everyone who bought one loved it, the small led is as bright as most head torches main beam.My advice would keep checking and as soon as they are back in stock grab one.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think it says on their website to use Alkaline batteries only just checked
this is from their web page..

Gamma has not been designed to work with lithium batteries (rechargeable). Lithium batteries have a high output during discharge which means they can cause the torch to overheat and possibly damage electronics and LEDs. We recommend using a good quality alkaline battery such as Energizer or Duracell. Cheap batteries are more likely to leak and leave a gooey mess on the contacts.

Last edited:

*Dusty*

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2011
N Ireland
Mine only works on alkalines, I'm not overly impressed with the light to be honest. For the money it's "ok" but to be fair the very readily available energiser headlamps rate very highly. Had mine for years, wore it in monsoons, freezing conditions and its been properly kicked around and just keeps on trucking.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Have had my Alpkit Gamma for over a year now , its replaced my trusty old Petzl ( 20 years service) More than happy with it, just hoping for another 19 years . main reason for changing was difficulty in getting the flat batterys for the Petzl .

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Think they only stock them themselves. I'm waiting for them to come back in stock as I broke mine by standing on the battery pack :(

Someone might sell you one of theirs.

I did see the Alpkit lantern being sold on Deal Extreme and Decathlon (used to?) sell the Gamma at £20. Perhaps check those out?

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
This chap

http://mmsporting.co.uk/

sold me a bigger version which is blue, but stupidly powerful, awesome bit of kit for £23. I gave it to a mate in Scotland and when I have a few more reddies in paypal will get another. Clulite headtorch IIRC. Easily powerful enough for lamping rabbits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE