Alpkit Delta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was reading about them on OM at the weekend, I think because the inner and outer are so close they're a bit of a duffer in any kind of weather other than mild.

Some better pics here

OM thread here

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I think just as they say, ditch the inner and it probably makes a good tarp tent type deal for not too much. My thoughts as £60 is a lot for something that was a failed attempt. I had wondered what had happened to the light weight tent idea. In my opinion a much better market for them than the mountain tents they produced in the end. I've seen them and they look great but they are expensive and thus competing with some big names. I think they would have sold a lot more light trekking tents around the £150 price bracket.

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
Thanks for the pointer to the OM thread Shewiie, it's quite an eye opener.

I was thinking running a 3/4 inch fold, making a reduction of baggines by 1 1/2", horizontally around the inner would tighten things up a bit in the sloppy inner department, I think I might give Alpkit a bell, hopefully I should be able to get one of the olive coloured ones as opposed to the hideous red ones.

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I took a punt and ordered one over the weekend, thinking I'd ditch the inner and use it as a tarp tent. But having played around with various pitching options last night, Ive decided to at least keep the inner and try it in anger over the coming weekend. If you ensure the poles terminate almost vertically at the ground, it raises the hoop and tightens up the inner, removing the bagginess. I'm going to investigate incorporating the supplied strap, to set the pole distance, and still attaching the inner. Perhaps the only real weakness I can see so far is the zips which are tiny and may prove not to be durable and the supplied pegs are no more than fuse wire that I've immediately replaced.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
It looks a bit like the single-pole design thing I bought from Yeoman Outdoor, except the Yeoman one has plenty of room even if you're over six feet.

And the Yeoman one was marked up at thirty-five quid, and I got it for quite a bit less at a show. :)

Kudos to Alpkit for explaining things but I feel that it's still a bit pricey for a Cheap 'n' Cheerful Chinese.

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
Well the investigation is over. If you use the strap, I've found it needs shortening to get the poles to sit at the optimum angle to aid inner tension. To do this I tied an overhand loop in one end of the strap, leaving approximately a 3" tail (loop), obviously there is a degree of faff required to get it how you'd like it, but once set it should always work.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
carbon fibre poles ?

Edit:

what type of poles does it have?, as good carbon fibre poles cost that much anyway, meaning it would be worth a flutter. Bad carbon fibre poles on the other hand are worthless, not alot of people know that.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE