Some Alpkit gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I've one of the Alpkit Filo jackets, not the newest variant but still superb, it's official colour is "Kelp" which is sort of a grey/ green colour. Two zipped pockets on the front and one inside. The detachable hood is most imortantly big enough for my oversize bonce
smile.png

Build quality is bombproof and I reckon that it wins the "Bit of Kit I Use/Carry the Most" award.

Been thinking about that for a while now. I really want one but not yet as i reckon im just about to start growing taller and fill out so i dont want to buy expensive clothing and then just grow out of it. :)
also ive spent enough on kit atm. LOL

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hey all
I am a big fan of there stuff and there customer service is second to none .
Only problem is stock availability, they did tend to sell out quickly, limited runs.
I now think they have solved this issue, with them moving to bigger premises.
One of the very few companies I would recommend.

Bob

Good to hear that bob. I love there stuff too and im really glad theyve fixed most of the limited stock issues.

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
Just thought I would say I found them a great company too, their down jacket is great 90 pounds by far the cheapest I could find and I have had it a year with no issues at all.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I must get a down jacket when I stop growing. :). They sound so good.
I'm glad you like their stuff too John. I think lots of people do. :)

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
I got myself a filo down jacket in teal just before Xmas.
I love it, so nice to wear while walking the dog.
And it will definetly be with me when I camp out in the colder months.

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
I've got there old filo and its great, but I would be weary of the new one because the fill power of the down has gone down from 750 to 600+, and yet the price has gone up by 30 quid. Not sure what's going on there?
Atb
Ben

Sent using the force

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I've got there old filo and its great, but I would be weary of the new one because the fill power of the down has gone down from 750 to 600+, and yet the price has gone up by 30 quid. Not sure what's going on there?
Atb
Ben

Sent using the force
Thanks for that ben. I think down in recent years has risen in price enormously, causing the price of the jacket to go up but the quality go down. :( Still i think they are still great value.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
If you get the chance read the instruction label one morning on the sleeping bags, makes an interesting read.

I was amused when I read the label :D quality wording :thumbup:
Not so amused when I read the label on my nanok jkt. RINSE 5 TIMES!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE