"Alone in the wild" YouTube

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Porky

Aug 18, 2015
South Wales
I enjoyed watching "alone in the wild" on YouTube, about a Scottish guy trying to survive 30 days in Alaska, does anyone know if there are any other documentaries on YouTube worth watching on a similar situation?
Cheers
Porky

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I enjoyed watching "alone in the wild" on YouTube, about a Scottish guy trying to survive 30 days in Alaska, does anyone know if there are any other documentaries on YouTube worth watching on a similar situation?
Cheers
Porky
i,m sure he did 40 something days..if you type in Alone in the wild you'll find a video of a guy, proeneke or something...The video is for sale but you might find a hookie version somewhere. i found one once but it's since been taken down....excellent video of a true adventurist.

Here's a wee bit about him.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke

Porky

Aug 18, 2015
South Wales
Sorry it was 3 months he was trying to do but he tapped out early, I'll have a look at your suggestion, thanks Stevie

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
he went loopy watching the plane fly away

totally unprepaired almost like C4 wanted the drama.....

Proenneke seems to have made a much better job of it but he was alot better prepaired his film was called Alone in the Wilderness

Last edited:

Porky

Aug 18, 2015
South Wales
I've been watching Proenneke, he certainly knew his stuff, just wonder how long someone could handle the isolation before you start chatting up a coconut. I've noted the other websites, thanks guys.
Porky

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
My lasting memory of Alone in the wild was how much he cried! It was a good program, he took loads of kit which didn't help matters as he had to make every journey twice I think.

Porky

Aug 18, 2015
South Wales
He moved camp because there was a lack of food but his new location had even less resources although it was a bigger lake, he realised he'd made the mistake but he didn't have the energy to go back. He had emergency rations with him which he was using up quickly. Don't know if I would have done anything different tho.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
Does anyone know if this is still on the Internet anywhere?
I had it recommended to me today but can't find the video on YouTube.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Recently watched the history channel Alone, most of the 10 shows are on youtube. Don't know if it's been shown in the UK at all but it was OK viewing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE