All quiet on the north eastern front!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was wondering if anyone was up for a weekend or more expedition type thing, maybe in Scotland or something, in the new year?

Having done a few one-nighters in Brockers it would be nice to some multi-night camping and some hiking or something. I want to get to the stage where I can just head off on my own and have a bit of an adventure but I don't even know how to read a map properly. So I figured go as part of a group and learn that way.

Anyone remotely interested?

When your days off if they cross with mine up for taking you out on a bimble

S

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
Hahaha, I haven't been watching any of it but I heard on the radio that this quarter final will be the game of the tournament.

Glad to hear that you would be up for something once you are decrippleised (that is actually a word). Any ideas for a where and a what?

if it isn't then it should be:)
something me and catherine had planned was, getting the bus up to rothbury and walking through the simonside hills and then hike down through harwood forest down to otterburn camping along the way, nudge nudge wink wink.
alternatively there are a few bothies scattered around northumberland
and we are slap bang to the borders (wild camping) accessable at the cheviot and a few miles north west of dead mans fell.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Multi-peak challenge sounds like it might be a bit tough on me (a beginner) and The Toilet Gimp (Spara Peg Digger for those who don't know). Perhaps you should elaborate on that Dday.

Also the missus has been showing an interest so that's 7 interested in stuff so far? Including Mrs Gimp Digger haha :lmao: Sorry :(

Spara, I dunno if I wanna go or bring Claire along to what sounds like a romantic digging. However it does sound very nice. What is the Cheviot and where is Dead Man's Fell? Dead Man's Fell sounds cool. If this multi-peak thing turns out to be fairly easy going perhaps we could do that and take the romance out of your other trip by injecting more people? Or would you find that more romantic? :confused:

GreenFlashingBear, the Orricle, what had you in mind? Does bimble mean stroll?

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
Multi-peak challenge sounds like it might be a bit tough on me (a beginner) and The Toilet Gimp (Spara Peg Digger for those who don't know). Perhaps you should elaborate on that Dday.

Also the missus has been showing an interest so that's 7 interested in stuff so far? Including Mrs Gimp Digger haha :lmao: Sorry :(

Spara, I dunno if I wanna go or bring Claire along to what sounds like a romantic digging. However it does sound very nice. What is the Cheviot and where is Dead Man's Fell? Dead Man's Fell sounds cool. If this multi-peak thing turns out to be fairly easy going perhaps we could do that and take the romance out of your other trip by injecting more people? Or would you find that more romantic? :confused:

GreenFlashingBear, the Orricle, what had you in mind? Does bimble mean stroll?

the cheviot is the highest point in northumberland, bisected by the scottish border ; wild camping options
dead mans fell is the highest point in kielder forest, couple o miles from the scottish border ; wild camping options
simonside hills, harwood forest is forestry commision miles away from scotland ; not supposed to supposed to camp, hence the nudge nudge wink wink :confused: mark your'e cravat is on too tight dumb ***

greensurfingbear

Bimble is indeed a stroll. As I am off during the week I often drive out and walk solo, tend not to go too far, Durham Northumberland or Cumbria, nice thing is as its a week day is usually quiet :) More than willing to take you and teach you hill navigation mate. Just keep the suit at home :p

S

mrs toilet digger

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2011
tynemouth

i will be staying at home for this one! i will stay sobber and wait by the phone!!
the walk jamie mentioned we where planning to do in the half term obviously not happening now due to one peg leg! .its not a difficult walk but a nice excuse to walk and camp-and for me to get into the swing of carrying a full rucksack again !

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Oh. I misinterpreted your inuendo there Spara. What's a cravatte? Sounds like it might be something like a bow-tie? I can assure that my bow tie is clip-on. Frowned-upon wild camping does sound nice but so does the comfort of knowing that nobody is standing in the distance frowning at you as you sleep that you would get in Scotland.

Ms Diggins, sobbing by the phone does not sound like fun. You should come. By half term do you mean Halloween or Easter time? How long will he (you Spara) be out of action?

GFB, I would like to take you up on that at some stage. At the moment I have every second Friday off so could do one of them. When you say drive, do you mean 2 or 4 wheels?

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
i will dig up some info on the peaks, i think it refers to the 3 peaks. Which peaks im not sure, but i think its mostly done for charities. However theres nowt stopping anyone doing it on their own terms i guess!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i will dig up some info on the peaks, i think it refers to the 3 peaks. Which peaks im not sure, but i think its mostly done for charities. However theres nowt stopping anyone doing it on their own terms i guess!

Bennevis, Snowden and another which escapes me, the lads did it a while back in 24 hours, thats with the drive included......

its the 3 biggest mountains in the uk by the way...:)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
bennevis, snowden and another which escapes me, the lads did it a while back in 24 hours, thats with the drive included......

Its the 3 biggest mountains in the uk by the way...:)

scarfell pike is the 3rd one in the lakes it took me 6 hrs to do it on its own but im unfit and it was snowing up top lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE