All is well in the world :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Been talking to my burd about bushcraft which she knows i like so i asked her if she'd like to come camping.

Turns out she wanted to come with me but never said anything because she thought i needed man time and i didn't think she'd wan't to so never asked her.

She loves cooking( the mark of a good woman according to my gran) and wants to cook on an open fire, awesome she usually makes my food and puts it in bag things so i just have to boil the bag in water but now i'll get fresh food :).

I ordered her food for free and a few other books about wild edibles plus a book about game prep and cooking, she doesn't wan't to kill bunnies but she say's she'll prepare em for the pot if i kill and clean em.

We don't have much money for gear so just now she's knitting some wool blankets.

How freakin awesome is this?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
jealous, lots. mine can't knit, cooks only under duress, won't even allow rabbit in the house, and when she does come camping she shows me up by knowing much more about flora/fauna/tracking/weather than i do. but still, you've got to them haven't you

stuart

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
You truly are a lucky man. Mine wont even entertain the thought of coming with me, she wont even go down the garden if she sees a slug or moth! :rolleyes:

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Cheers folks.

She looking up ways to cook without utensils and pans etc

When i told her i don't have a tent and that i swapped my tarp for a spoon knife she didn't bat an eye lid.

We are going out tommorow to my spot where she want's to learn firelighting and open fire cooking.

I'll hopefully build a two person kennel, with the 4 wools blankets and the one shes making now and a fire at the opening it should be fine.

In my spot there is an area with lots of fallen trees that i have been saving for late autumn / winter camping but i think i'll use it for saturday, no one camps there because the undergrowth is so thick so i'll clear a bit and that should be perfect.

We should be going for a night saturday once everything is built. I've got an ironmonger friend who is due me ( i got him some ladies of erm questionable morality) so he is going to make me a dutch oven. =)

Me and the lass are only 19 so it's not as bad.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Great stuff pal. Well done. Like others said, keep her.

Just make sure those wool blankets are actually made of wool. Most of what we call 'wool' for knitting is entirely synthetic, which defeats the point of a wool blanket. You probably know this already, but just in case...

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Great stuff pal. Well done. Like others said, keep her.

Just make sure those wool blankets are actually made of wool. Most of what we call 'wool' for knitting is entirely synthetic, which defeats the point of a wool blanket. You probably know this already, but just in case...
They are my gran runs the shop that sells the wool =)

Wish i had a camera =(

I'm going to make a really good shelter, i have already made a good adjustable pot hanger, and i'll make some good chairs so she'll not wan't to pack it in hopefully.

N.E. Damo

Aug 20, 2011
Aberdeen, NE Scotland
Nice one! Keep a hold of her!

My other half wont be joining me for a while as we're extending the family at present, but on the plus side I do get to take the dog with me for company haha!

Hope all goes well with your joint venture,

good luck with our lovely scottish weather........

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Just got back from our wee trip this morning and something rather strange happened.

We got to my spot and she wanted to go and collect some nettles to make string, kind of a *** moment for me so she went off to do that and i went away to gather wood for building our shelter tomorrow. I was away for nearly an hour and when i came back to the spot she had a big pile of nettles, a fire built and the billy suspended over the fire for coffee.

Another *** moment, how she had built a fire and known how to put the pot over the fire( I'd already carved the rig but still) i don't know.
When i asked her how she knew she said she'd read about it in my bushcraft book( the only bushy book i have is by Mors).

So after coffee we headed home with our pile of nettles and shes now talking about ponnasing steak tommorow. ***

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE