Aldi tent £19.99

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

Picked this up for a cheap light weight (1.5kg) tent. Its pitch inner first but I have a cheap tarp to put up to keep it dry while I'm putting it up if I need to.

Hopefully off for a solo camp tomorrow so I'll let you know how it copes.

MeB9sywLDSgXbVBCrwzNuMbhFbIvZ1CytpZhDI0V5zgDwvcZUh5JrJ9g5LuWbrGL1ePdDXOw=w1912-h2542-rw

Buster

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I got one today too as I thought it was worth a punt for the money. Be interested to hear how you get on with t as it'll be a couple of weeks before I get to try it.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Looks like the old tiger paw/hike lite tents. If so then there was an excellent thread a while back that showed how to mod them into a serious tent.

Z

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
I had to bug out of the camp site I had planned,i thought I had a good spot but people where walking their dogs quite deep into the woods,camped in back garden instead,ill post some pics then my thoughts.

Buster

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
So I'm not the best at reviews but I'll try.

First off its only £20 so if you dont get on with you haven't lost a great deal.

Tent is inner first which is rubbish in the rain obviously, only one pole to use,not to keen on the pegging points for the inner,might loop some paracord round it.

Outer just slips over the inner and gets pegged out,peg loops are shock cord here,a front and rear guy line round it off. There is two rear vent flaps secured by Velcro.

The Velcro on the door flaps has pulled some of the thread,I'm not sure if it's just excess thread or loose,ill need to check further.

There seems to be a gap in the head end at floor level between outer and inner,this resulted in a cold night,I might peg the head end first next time to see if it works better that way.

Same with the outer door flap,there is a pegging point but it seems to flap about,could maybe do with a mod here.

I managed to squeeze a camp bed inside and had a little room either side for gear,there is a pocket inside for bits and bobs.

Wee tip make sure your inner zip stays near the head end it's a nightmare to get to once it's at foot end.

So for £20 you get a light weight 1.5kg tent with a 2000mm head,it's not perfect,the outer on my other tents sit flush with the ground preventing cold ingress,it might just be my mistake in setting it up. I'm 5'10 if that helps and i fit o.k

I pack a cheap tarp (nva tarp) just to protect the inner from rain,a cheap poundland tarp would probably do the job as well.

Hope that helps

Bustet

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE