Aldi Spotting Scope

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
They are back in Aldi next Thursday (04/02/2010) by the looks of it. Anyone used one?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_12865.htm

Spotting Scope £19.99 each

Get the ultimate view of a bird’s magnificent plumage from the comfort and concealment of your faraway hide.

* 20x-60x zoom magnification
* Objective lens diameter: 60mm
* Rubber-coated body
* Fully-coated blue lenses with eye-cups
* Metal mini table tripod
* Carrying pouch

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Yeh mate , i got one the last time they were in stock , great scope for the price , u'll pay double the price or even treble for one , i recommend one m8 . go for it ..

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I got one acouple of years ago. Its OK for the money. The tripod is carp so I use a full size camera one with a handle . You need it to be steady at that magnification or you'll see nowt. The lens is too small to much use in poor light but it is good in bright daylight.
When I first usedit I focused it on a far away hill and found myself looking at a brown and white horse. When I looked to try and see where the horse was with my naked eye, I could barely see the farm it was in!

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Thanks for the comments, sounded ideal for me as I'd rather get used to a £20 scope before picking up a better quality one.

Sadly my local Aldi had sold out in less than an hour. :( Still I expect Lidl or Aldi to have something similar in again. On the bright side I picked up several different fruit bushes for planting out in my woodland.:)

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
i got 3! brilliant, problem is i was messing about with mine last night, trying to focus on one of the houses windows at the back.
obviously i got spotted, the woman who lives there gave me a stare and drew her curtains, i wonder what she's told her mates!

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
There back !!!!!!!! Tried to get one myself today but with no luck at my nearest store,So a friend is going to try and get me one from the store near him.Fingers crossed this time as i missed out the last time they had them in :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I use one for target shooting at shorter ranges. Not the greatest optical quality, but cheap and functional

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
i got 3! brilliant, problem is i was messing about with mine last night, trying to focus on one of the houses windows at the back.
obviously i got spotted, the woman who lives there gave me a stare and drew her curtains, i wonder what she's told her mates!

See if you'd have got the Aldi night vision scope you could have checked her out in the dark lol

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Well my mate has just text me to say hes got me one. Happy days cant wait to test it out.I found a badgers set last year that was defently in use so will set up somewhere up wind and wait in the spring to see the new cubs if i'm lucky.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I bought two of the 20-60 x 60 spotting scopes today.

Being a naturally lazy hack and taking the horrible weather into account I rang Aldi to check stock at the stores in my area before venturing outside. One store had 18 (now 16 :D) and the other 10.

Early indications are very encouraging and at under £20 each with a 3 year warranty there aren't really any grounds to twist.

I'm thinking of going back tomorrow and getting another couple - I could keep one at home, one at the cottage, one at the caravan, one in the car, or perhaps I could paracord two together and make the coolest bins ever...

:rolleyes:

Excellent buy as far as I am concerned and I hope to use mine morrow afternoon to watch a herd of deer I've had my eye on recently...

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Norwich Aldi have a few left picked one up yesterday, not bad at all for the price, not quiet Ziess but then again definitely not the price. a good buy.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I did manage to get one last year, someone bought it for me. For £20 I don't have any complaints and I've used it to look at a range of things from garden birds to the moon. Worth getting if you want something on a tight budget.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE