Aldi "Lightweight Winter Jacket" Bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
Product_detail_Wk43_S_7(1).jpg

I picked up one of these desirable jackets, left over from a previous "Thursday Special", in my local Aldi for the grand sum of £7.99, down from £20.

As it packs quite small, the intention was to use it as an extra/lunch layer to keep in my rucksack, but the "lofting" and fit is better than I thought. It worked quite well under my Paramo Velez Light last weekend.

Even the wife approves of how it looks (better on me than than the bloke in the photo, of course)

Last edited:

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
I gave it some "field" testing today -Walking very slowly and stopping a lot with my 2 year old daughter. At ~1DegC and a cold breeze, with the Aldi jacket, a neck warmer, a Merino jumper and a T-shirt I was very comfortable.

I had expected to be a little cold because the jacket is very light and the hem, neck and cuffs are not adjustable. I'm pleased with it.

goodjob

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
When I first got a 'softie' jacket I didn't expect much from it but its amazingly warm, like the Aldi jacket looks can be deceiving at times.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I got a pair of their insulated walking trousers.
Despite them being hipster cut and VERY noisy to walk in they are great for sitting around in in the morning and evening in the woods as over trousers - and so cheap that I do not worry about sparks burning holes in them.
They make a good pillow too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE