Aldi Head Torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
While getting dragged around Aldi in Cambridge at the weekend I noticed they were selling a head torch that looked remerkably like a slightly bulky Petzl Tikka, but wiht 5 leds instead if 4. Priced at £2.99 including a set of batteries I took a chance and bought one. Initial thoughts are that its incredible value for money. OK, it doesn't feel as well made as a Petzl, and I'm sure its not going to last as long, but it does seem to give a very good light output & has 2 modes - steady beam and flashing. Will do a better comparison against step-sons Tikka and report back. Whatever the outcome it'll make a handy back-up unit.

Dave

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
MartiniDave said:
Aldi ... were selling a head torch that looked remerkably like a slightly bulky Petzl Tikka, but wiht 5 leds instead if 4. Priced at £2.99 including a set of batteries

twelveboar beat you to it in this post by a few days. I went and bought one yesterday, they're a d4mn good buy, aren't they.

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
That is good value.
Especially as I thought I'd done OK when I managed to get an Ever Ready head torch from Halfords for 12.99. It as two modes- white light and red light.....and the light is hinged so you can point it down......and avoid splashing you shoes at night.Ahem!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE