Aldi grinder heads up!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Local Aldi in Kilmarnock doesn't have em, which is probably just as well as I can't really afford to get one.. but oooo so wanted to get one.. :D

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
I think these are a bargain! I bought one the last time they were selling but couldn't find a use for that stone so ended up buying a polishing mop kit from ebay and changed that for the stone (endless green is the ebayer, excellent to deal with (no connection etc))

It's surprising the amount of things you find that could do with a polish when you add the mop! :rolleyes:

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I think these are a bargain! I bought one the last time they were selling but couldn't find a use for that stone so ended up buying a polishing mop kit from ebay and changed that for the stone (endless green is the ebayer, excellent to deal with (no connection etc))

It's surprising the amount of things you find that could do with a polish when you add the mop! :rolleyes:

I've thought about a polisher.. but came up short on ideas. So do tell (maybe some piccys) what have you been upto with yours? :pokenest:

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Well if anyone is interested. I got two spare.

Cos' they where going like hot cakes I thought I would get a couple extra and offer them here for anyone that wanted one but either couldn't get to an Aldi or they had sold out.

Just cost price + what ever postage is (I'm in Frome, Somerset if you want to collect) and I'll photocopy the receipt so you will have the 3yr cover offered with it.

If there no interest I'll have to put them on evilBay before my wife finds out I got 3 :lmao:

I have one back on offer...

I have weighed one and it's 8.32Kgs so the cheapest postage is £12.50 via Parcelforce 48.
This bumps the bargain price of £19.99 to £32.49 delivered. as a result one of my two extras is on offer again (as the delivered price just tipped it out of the bargain section for that person).

So if you are interested in one of these at cost and can pick-up from Frome in Somerset for £19.99 or you are still happy with the delivered price of £32.49 then let me know.

Freddy

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
I've thought about a polisher.. but came up short on ideas. So do tell (maybe some piccys) what have you been upto with yours? :pokenest:

Those that know me know that I am useless at posting pics :confused: so I'll save myself the 8 hours of frustration and tell you what I've polished.

Basically, every knife or blade shaped object I own has had at least a few light passes on the mop, with excellent (for the most part) results. I have to add this caveat - BE CAREFUL. And just when you think you're being careful enough, be MORE careful. A couple of times a blade has dug in to the mophead and been whisked out of my hand. Very frightening. Gloves and goggles are an absolute minimum I would say.

Apart from polishing out stains/rust/marks from blades, used at the right time in your sharpening routine, you can get a scarily sharp edge. The only time I've managed it if I'm honest. :rolleyes:

All I needed was a bolt-on pigtail and a couple of mopheads and couple of grades of polish and I was away.

Also polished the stock of my air rifle with lovely results.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
:bump:
Anyone interested?

I have weighed one and it's 8.32Kgs so the cheapest postage is £12.50 via Parcelforce 48.
This bumps the bargain price of £19.99 to £32.49 delivered. as a result one of my two extras is on offer again (as the delivered price just tipped it out of the bargain section for that person).

So if you are interested in one of these at cost and can pick-up from Frome in Somerset for £19.99 or you are still happy with the delivered price of £32.49 then let me know.

Freddy

Freddy

Pm sent to find out if it's still available!

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Has anyone ever thought of contacting Aldi to arrange a group buy on things like this? lol Just a thought....

Cheers,

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK

Freddy

Pm sent to find out if it's still available!

Both gone now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE