Aldi Folding Saw Heads up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I bought one last year that I just used on a bushcraft course. They are solid enough and do cut but I found mine really hard going, especially compared with a Laplander. You get what you pay for but these do work.

Mark

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are good for the money, but the Laplander does a better job. That extra few quid for the Laplander is money well spent and you can see and feel the difference in quality

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
If you're desperate for a folder (as I was today) then they do the job but I doubt they will last for too long as the quality is that of a £2.50 saw.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
It's what I use and they've got me out of trouble when off roading in the past. Having said that nothing in the world beats a bow saw, and for packability; a mini bow saw - the sort that would also take a large hacksaw blade.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I bought 6 sets today for my School project :)

There are two in each pack, called medium and coarse, but compared to what I am not sure :rolleyes:

I doubt they will last as long as my laplander, but as kids seem to lose these things faster than break them I am quite happy with the arrangement :D

Feb 22, 2008
Olean NY USA Earth
I've had good luck with the sven saw. I have the 21 inch model.. It's not hard to modify a standard bowsaw blade to avoid buying the proprietary replacement blades.

Dig the sig zodiak.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE