Aldi: All-round Telescopic Fishing Rod £12.99

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I was reading thru the threads and you mentioned improvised rods well from my army days and now when I go on my hols I always take line and hooks, tucked away in the box also I take a top ring made from a wire coat hanger and some braid (Heavy Line will do) to attach it to the top of a pole, stick or what ever I use as a rod. This now extends your distance you can fish and by attaching the spool the line is on, (Feed a peice of para cord loop thru and tie to the pole) you now have the making of a reel.

As they say Q E D

Try it its fun

Regards

D:lmao:

Soo you take a spool with you? Or do I misunderstand.. Fishing interests me, as I don't know anything about it :D

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
My mate got a rod in a tackle shop the other day for £25 reduced from £32. The guy in the shop was telling us that it's one of the strongest rods for sale, possibly the strongest, beating a so many hundred pound (£) rod in a contest recently. I cannot remember the name of it, but it was 8', blue and black, and a clear tip which bent almost against itself! He also got a nice reel which I think was called 'Interceptor Pro' which was about £27, and it's a serious piece of kit compared to any rod I've owned.
You seem to get a lot of kit for your money with fishing gear!

Sounds like a Shakespeare Ugly Stick. They ain't pretty but they are world-renowned!

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
If you put a lure on a line make sure you use a bite trace (stainless wire/Dyneema Braid). Numerous predators, especially pike, take lures meant for other species. Then subsequently break off taking your lure with them. More worrying though is that the fish now dies agonisingly due to the iron mongery now wiring its face shut. Trout in shallow mountain streams will not require a trace, but everywhere else it is a must.

Just 1 remark: dyneema will not hold up to pike's teeth, unless you're lucky. If fishing for predators like pike and zander (partly the same techniques and bait) always use a trace of twisted steel wire.

For the rest: top advice!

PS: I just checked the site mentioned by Woodstock, www.fantastic-for-fishing.com; it seems they have some fairly decent manuals of the basics of fishing on their website. Might be nice to take a look at.

N

noddynigel

I would go for the carp rod wich can be used for very light sea fishing

noddynigel

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
There's no Aldi's where I live and if Lidl have them in I usually miss them.

Any ideas on where to get a good decent, cheap Telescopic spinning Outfit online or am I asking for too much?
I keep seeing the fladen ones but they don't seem to get a very good writeup.

MickT

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE