Alcohol stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kirbs

Need to contact Admin...
I am looking at getting a small alcohol stove and have narrowed the design i want to one of the three below

"COBALT STOVE" by Zelph
"WHITE BOX STOVE"
"BIOS 2" by Tinny@Minibulldesign

Does anyone have experience of these particular stoves and can you offer any feedback either positive or negative?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've seen the white box in action and it is robust and efficient. Nothing to go wrong, perfect for the job of boiling liquids and uses recycled materials. Pretty good kit.

Gailainne

Life Member
Don't know the first, like the second but wouldn't pay that kind of money, have the Bios 2, strong, lightweight, efficient,shrug typical tinny design, it works well.

The only problem I have with it is; I sometimes use a Primus 1L eta, and the heat exchanger on the bottom of the pot interferes with the side jets, doesn't seem to let enough oxygen thru, which snuffs the flames out.

Works fine with my flat bottomed pans/mugs tho :D

Stephen

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I'll second the Whitebox - I have one and it's brilliant. Super lightweight, and you just stick the pot/ pan on top; it'll boil half a litre in under 5 mins. Bombproof, simple and effective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE