Alan Wood - Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
My girlfriend got me the perfect birthday present (only took her 14 years!!)
The Alan Wood - Bushcrafter .

404_0409_1.jpg

404_0412_1.jpg

404_0407_1.jpg

The tapered tang makes the balance absolutely perfect.
I have never had a knife as sharp ,it's amazing.
Loads and loads of balls for heavy cutting and yet it's like a scalpel for fine work ,it feels like an extension of my hand.
Very similar to the Woodlore in terms of size but the Bushcrafter feels much more lively in the hand ,much more controllable.
Im really looking forward to testing this one :lol: :lol: :lol: .

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Looks great RB they make quite a pair. The bushcrafter looks better every time I see it. Is it the same spec as Martyns?

Let us know what you think when you've had a chance to use it a bit wont you.

Bill

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
tenbears10 said:
Is it the same spec as Martyns?

I think it's a differnty wood and RB's has a thong hole, mine doesnt.

One mod I've done myself to mine, is to tre-hone the edge into a perfect flat grind. I know Alan likes the hollow grind on this knife, but the flat just dings my bell. A lot of work,but I had to do it - I was compelled. :eek:):

regrind1.jpg

regrind2.jpg

regrind3.jpg

regrind4.jpg

regrind5.jpg

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

That's a very nice knife!! :D Wish I had one of those. Personally I like the Bushcrafter a lot more than the Woodlore, cause it has a little more curve towards the tip. :wink: The blade also looks a little more thick, wide and solid. :biggthump

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It will be mine! Ive emailed Alan about it, asking for the "British Blades" knife effectively, but with a full flat grind and micarta scales (but i am persuadable if anyone things that is sacro!).

Cheers,

Jake

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Jake Rollnick said:
It will be mine! Ive emailed Alan about it, asking for the "British Blades" knife effectively, but with a full flat grind and micarta scales (but i am persuadable if anyone things that is sacro!).

Cheers,

Jake

Have you got a price and a delivery estimate Jake? I would be interested to know if that's OK

Bill

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Bill, he hasnt got back to me yet. I'm away right now, borrowing a friends computer so i will be able to check late tomorrow night.

BTW i just made a deliberate effort to damage my highland to tell you guys/gals how tough it is, and it is one tough edge! Will let you know if i manage to and will write the details tomorrow. (i thought it was about time i gave you all a proper review)

Cheers,

Jake

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The General said:
How many hours of work was that Martyn? Excellent looking knife, one which was a real pleasure to handle at the meetup.

Dunno exactly Wayne. I did it a little bit at a time over a couple of weeks (very boring). Prolly somewhere between 3 and 10 hours. I took a hollow grind into a true flat grind using nothing but stones, so you can guess it took a while. I did it over a couple of weeks, not just because it's boring work, but because I get irritated with slow progress and tend to try and rush it. If I'd tried to do it all in one sitting, I'd of made a total hash of it, I'm sure. Doing it a bit at a time when the inclination took, meant I gave it full attention and did the job right. It's phenominally sharp and truly flat. One thing, I did loose quite a bit of metal off the belly of the knife though - not entirely a bad thing. You can prolly see in the pics, it still has plenty of belly, but not so much as it used to and less than RB's from what I can tell.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
Martyn said:
Dunno exactly Wayne. I did it a little bit at a time over a couple of weeks (very boring). Prolly somewhere between 3 and 10 hours. I took a hollow grind into a true flat grind using nothing but stones, so you can guess it took a while. I did it over a couple of weeks, not just because it's boring work, but because I get irritated with slow progress and tend to try and rush it. If I'd tried to do it all in one sitting, I'd of made a total hash of it, I'm sure. Doing it a bit at a time when the inclination took, meant I gave it full attention and did the job right. It's phenominally sharp and truly flat. One thing, I did loose quite a bit of metal off the belly of the knife though - not entirely a bad thing. You can prolly see in the pics, it still has plenty of belly, but not so much as it used to and less than RB's from what I can tell.

You did a very nice job there Martyn. I will leave mine with the hollow grind as I simply do not think I need the full flat grind enough to spend that kind of time on such a project! :wink:

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The General said:
You did a very nice job there Martyn. I will leave mine with the hollow grind as I simply do not think I need the full flat grind enough to spend that kind of time on such a project! :wink:

Mate it's all down to personal choice. No *need* for it to be one way or the other really.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE