"Airjet" cheapies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The rucksacks.... Worth the money or am I better off using my Lowe Alpine Alpamayo half-full until I can afford a "name"?

Normally wouldn't consider cheap stuff for LBE but I'm kinda tight right now.
It's a 35-45 litre item that I'm after.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I recently got a Eurohike 35 which was have the price of the Berghaus with the same rip stop fabric, raincover and large main comparment and two side pockets big enough to hold two 58 pat water bottles and few other small items.

I bought it along the same train of tought as your self and it's fine except the carry system is a little uncomfortable with the heavier winter layers on but as I warmed up and took them off it improves alot. I have to tinker with it a bit to improve it but it's fine for the cost at only £25(roughly) I couldn't complain. I will upgrade when I have the funds but it's what you can afford then it's what you have to use. And one can all ways adapt it.

James

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Assuming nobody got in ahead of me Gary might just have sorted me out.

A bit more than I actually have in my pocket at the moment (hence the looking for a decent cheapie) but judicious pruning of the grocery budget for the week will get me there (just). Now, what's the best way to tell SWMBO that the pot of Chilli I've made that looks big enough for a tribe for a week...is?

Umm... Just remember SWMBO is here now... Hello Dear. It's a lovely rucksack...really.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Look at it as something you can do together Nick - she can where the 20 ltr jet packs and you can wear the 45 - perfect! :rolmao:

L

Little Mole

Look at it as something you can do together Nick - she can where the 20 ltr jet packs and you can wear the 45 - perfect!

We already carry similar volumes but I've cleverly distributed the weight of our kit. As my bag is smaller I only have room for my clothes (which are generally left in the bottom of the bag)(we get used to the smell :eek:): ), my sleeping bag and pillow, washbag, cutlery and other small tools. Pebble carries everything else...he's bigger, stronger and has more room for stuff. :p

L

Little Mole

:rolmao:

Serves you right for always buying things. :eek:):

Me, I like to travel light. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE